Thread: AC adapter not working it properly in the Dell Latitude D600

AC adapter not working it properly in the Dell Latitude D600

As I’m using the Dell Latitude D600 laptop which I bought the laptop just two years back. As I bought this laptop because the dell laptops had very less issues when compared with other brands and the service of theirs is also good. but yesterday what I noticed Is that while booting the laptop the message pop-up showing the warning of AC power adapter which is not known to dell product and so it asked me to press the F3 key which after pressing showed me the batteries need to be charged.

So when I charged the battery with the AC adapter it is not able to charge. So do anyone had such type of experience and if yes then what did you do for this type of issue. and if anyone over here have idea about this issue then do share the same with me.

Re: AC adapter not working it properly in the Dell Latitude D600

If you are facing this issue then maybe it is possible that your AC adpter might have damaged. So for this you should try buying with the new one.

First thing I would like to know the AC adapter charger which you are using is from the dell itself. As sometimes people use the AC adapter for the charging the laptop batteries which are not certified which lets you to damage the adapter early and also due to that the battery gets affected. And sometimes laptop recognizes that the charger/adapter which you are using it is not the genuine one which comes from the dell or from any reputed company. So if you are not using the certified adapter than you should use the one from it and charge the battery.

First thing I would like to know the AC adapter charger which you are using is from the dell itself. As sometimes people use the AC adapter for the charging the laptop batteries which are not certified which lets you to damage the adapter early and also due to that the battery gets affected. And sometimes laptop recognizes that the charger/adapter which you are using it is not the genuine one which comes from the dell or from any reputed company. So if you are not using the certified adapter than you should use the one from it and charge the battery.
    Actually I’m using the Dell AC adapter itself for charging the batteries and I don’t use any of the uncertified company charger. But going through the adapter and checking with other dell laptop I saw the adapter is fully functional and is able to charge the battery. so for getting the satisfaction answer regarding the functionality of the charger I contacted my friend who knew about dealing with the electronics. So when he checked the output of the adapter was right and working properly and also checked the same with the batteries and was able to show the proper meter level but not able to get charge. So I want to know what maybe the problem of not getting the laptop batteries get charge.

I think the reason of not getting the battery getting charge might point to the some of the internal circuit failure, maybe the motherboard.

According to me if you are not getting the battery charge then I guess the reason for this might be the powerjack might be loose or got damaged. So you should check for the mainboard and the powerjack and if possible replace the jack with the new one. As I had somewhat similar problem in one of the laptop and so had the idea about it.

For this if you are not able to get the AC adapter work in the dell laptop then you why don’t you try with the new adapter or some other adapter as doing this will let you know whether the adapter is faulty or the circuit within the laptop has got damaged. So doing this will get you the clear idea about this and will help you much.

I tried with all the above mentioned methods and still I’m not able to get the perfect solution for this and the exact reason why the laptop battery is not able to get the battery charge from the dell AC adapter. But while going to it one thing is for sure that the AC adapter which I’m using is not faulty and working properly. So I guess the problem is with the internal one but don’t know the exact area where is creating the problem.

If you are not able to get the idea from where it creating the issue then I must say that you should try to contact the dell support care as the issue seems to be serious and it cannot be solved by us. So for this it is better you should get repaired from the technical guys. As doing it by yourself can cause more damage and so to prevent causing the internal damage it wise to contact the dell support care.

Previously I had the same issue and so contacted the dell care and found that there was internal damage and which I got repaired and is working fine.