Thread: Wireless Card not working in Dell XPS 14z-L412z

Wireless Card not working in Dell XPS 14z-L412z

Hi, I have Dell XPS 14z-L412z laptop in which I have noticed as my wireless card sometimes used to get problem while connecting to wireless network. Thus i was searching any solution for the same but i couldn’t found any for the 14Z as they all were actually of the 15Z.

And since last week the card has just stopped working in the machine, don’t know what could be the problem…is there anybody having Idea about the same can share their views prior to resolve this? thanks.

Re: Wireless Card not working in Dell XPS 14z-L412z

Though i am agree with you but still have you tested it perfectly as there is some problem with your card itself? Because it might be possible that your resident’s router might not working perfectly. thus according to me you should first make sure whether there is some problem with the router that you are using or really with the wireless card that you have gotten with your laptop?

In fact as far as testing is concerned I would like to recommend you that you should try to connect another laptop to make out the connection!! In fact you should also ensure whether the setting that you have done on your router are correct or not, because see if there will be any problem with the settings itself then surely you’ll not be able to connect.

I would like to recommend you that you should make sure whether you have installed perfect drivers in your machine or not, in fact when i had contacted dell they told me thing to do first.

Anyways I have downloaded drivers from here and after that the problem were resolved actually, thus would like to recommend you the same thing to do.

I think you it might be happening because of the faulty card that is installed in your machine…so according to me you should first make sure whether the card that you have installed in your machine is working perfectly or not. and if suppose you found any problem with the card then simply you must have to get it replaced, because i don’t think there will be any solution for the same.

I think you it might be happening because of the faulty card that is installed in your machine…so according to me you should first make sure whether the card that you have installed in your machine is working perfectly or not. and if suppose you found any problem with the card then simply you must have to get it replaced, because i don’t think there will be any solution for the same.
    Though i do had the same problem with the machine but still it is quite difficult to figure out what could be the problem with the machine thus rather first examining the hardware you should first make out whether the drivers that you must have installed for the hardware is working perfectly or not.

Because see the thing is like if suppose there will be some problem with the hardware itself then it isn’t worth changing the whole hardware, no doubt if you are still getting the same problem after reinstalling the driver than surely you can proceed with the hardware replacement.

Have you ever-contacted service center for this problem ever? Because I think it would be better to get help form them rather than finding out solution on our own.

In fact, it would be fine if the machine will be in the warranty period because if so than you’ll get all the solution regarding the same for free of cost.

I was also planning to do the same thing and once i contacted them, and after that dell sent out technicians two times. The first time to replace the wifi card, the second time to replace the wifi (once more a 6230) and the antenna (which engage taking the all system apart and put back the screen at the same time).
    But still the problem is the same and thus dell is going to substitute the system with a new one, but by the sound of things, but still i don’t think it will be different.

I bought the 14z during black friday and had a terrible time with the wifi drivers. Recently I installed the new ones from the intel website, not the dell website. Its the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sear...ireless-N+1030

link again