Thread: Does dell Inspiron N4030 supports Intel WiDi ?

Does dell Inspiron N4030 supports Intel WiDi ?

HI, i have recently purchased this dell Inspiron N4030 laptop and when i was installed the intel’s WIDI i was getting the message as i have mentioned in the IMAGE below.

I just wanted to know If N4030 supports Intel WiDi at all or not? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Re: Does dell Inspiron N4030 supports Intel WiDi ?

It seems like you must be installing different drivers over here. Are you sure that whichever driver that you are installing in your machine is perfect? Because that could be the only reason according to me causing such problem.

It seems like you must be installing different drivers over here. Are you sure that whichever driver that you are installing in your machine is perfect? Because that could be the only reason according to me causing such problem.
    I was also wondering the same thing thus I have examined this thing too many times and came to know that the one that i am installing is the perfect one. but still i think it seems something different is causing problem in the machine. anyways thanks for the suggestion.

I was also wondering the same thing thus I have examined this thing too many times and came to know that the one that i am installing is the perfect one. but still i think it seems something different is causing problem in the machine. anyways thanks for the suggestion.
    Yeah exactly you were right as there is something different that’s is causing problem and that’s the adapter that you need to have installed. And as far as i know your laptop model is having a Broadcom and you must have to have Intel wireless adapter.

ok is there any way through which we can use them? In other words i mean to say there should be some alternate option for installing this drivers and for getting that adapter?

The specs for Dell Inspiron N4030 on Amazon says it has the Intel Pentium CPU which is not supported by Intel WiDi. To run Intel WiDI you need to have all of the following:

1. Intel Core i3, i5 or i7 processor.
    2. Intel HD graphics
    3. Intel Centrino WiFi

ok is there any way through which we can use them? In other words i mean to say there should be some alternate option for installing this drivers and for getting that adapter?
    Off course, Only if you bought an Intel adapter as an alternative because the standard adapter is not Intel. You will require reinstating it with a supported, Intel wireless adapter to use WiDi.

I am not sure but still when I was searching the same thing i have found this product on Amazon thus you should make search over there but still before buying the product you should make sure about its compatibility.