Thread: How to turn off repeat SMS notifications in iOS 5?

How to turn off repeat SMS notifications in iOS 5?

Currently my iPhone shows a new SMS notifications regularly. I used Iphone 4s and after some regular interval it shows repeat sms notifications in my iPhone 4s. yesterday, i installed iOS 5 on it and it finished successfully. NOw i need to turn off repeat SMS notifications. How should i stop this unnecessary sms notifications?? Thanks for any suggestions.

Re: How to turn off repeat SMS notifications in iOS 5?

Not sure but quite be possible that the settings menu provide such option. you need to open setting menu and then hit the notifications option. it show you messages option. open it and choose repeat alert. Then select never otpion if it presents. SUch helpful options works to stop or turn off the reapeat sms notifications in your iOS 5. I found same option on my iPhone 3GS. MIght be you caught same solutions here.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjan1990 View Post
    Not sure but quite be possible that the settings menu provide such option. you need to open setting menu and then hit the notifications option. it show you messages option. open it and choose repeat alert. Then select never otpion if it presents. SUch helpful options works to stop or turn off the reapeat sms notifications in your iOS 5. I found same option on my iPhone 3GS. MIght be you caught same solutions here.
    Yeah, I'm having the same issue and after going to this way, i got this never option in notification folder. YOu can also try this process. You definatleyt receive the helpful options for your iPhone 4s. Hence use it and check its details. Its well for you to fix your complex issue.

For simply turn off your repeated SMS notifications in iOS 5 mobile OS, then apply below instructions to do this task.
    • In that first hit the Settings menu.
    • Then choose Notifications.
    • AFter that click on Messages option that you show on this notifications menu.
    • Check Repeat Alert setting option on it. You found it using Scroll down process.
    • Change it to turn off state. Its well and works to fix your problem.

Passcode lock settings that is presents in this iOS 5 works to disable or turn off the SMS notifications. You can also use it as an alternative options. Set up Settings > General > Passcode Lock is helpful for you to perform this turn off repeat sms notifications process on it. Hence try this and check its results. Its well for you to get the correct result for this iOS 5 mobile OS.

Quote Originally Posted by HamsiniI View Post
    Passcode lock settings that is presents in this iOS 5 works to disable or turn off the SMS notifications. You can also use it as an alternative options. Set up Settings > General > Passcode Lock is helpful for you to perform this turn off repeat sms notifications process on it. Hence try this and check its results. Its well for you to get the correct result for this iOS 5 mobile OS.
    If you don't want to irritate such kind of sound from the repeated SMS notifications from this or any other portable devices. simply put your phone to silent profile. In that process, also set the sms altert at vibration mode to off situations mode. This is well for you and it works to don't get any kind of sound or vibration or something else when such sms comes up on your smartphone. USe it for any such kind of highly qualified mobile phones.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaganvihari View Post
    If you don't want to irritate such kind of sound from the repeated SMS notifications from this or any other portable devices. simply put your phone to silent profile. In that process, also set the sms altert at vibration mode to off situations mode. This is well for you and it works to don't get any kind of sound or vibration or something else when such sms comes up on your smartphone. USe it for any such kind of highly qualified mobile phones.
    There is also possibility on your iOS 5 to setup the home screen and lock screen to not display new arrived SMS as a notifications. In that situations, you need to use this option and set your iphone to either silent mode or in vibrations mode. It helps to avoid unnecessary sound and message notifications. Hence try this and check its result. Its well for you.

Yes, in your iOS 5, there is possibility to do this task. Use the General -> Passcode Lock -> Show SMS Preview option and set this sms preview option to disabled state. Its works anf then you can't get any sms notification on home screen of your iphone 4. use it and check its result. i am sure you got its respective solutions from here.