Thread: Iphone 3G left side display screen is not working

Iphone 3G left side display screen is not working

I am having a Iphone 3G and it was working fine by now but then I don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly and I have found that the left side of the phone is not working and it appears to be not responding at all, it does not respond to my touch and acts like it has been paralyzed. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well? Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: Iphone 3G left side display screen is not working

I am having a Iphone 3G and it was working fine by now but then I don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly and I have found that the left side of the phone is not working and it appears to be not responding at all, it does not respond to my touch and acts like it has been paralyzed. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well? Any help regarding this will be appreciated.
    Before I suggest you anything about this I just wanted to know have you dropped the phone because it appears to be a hardware problem but then I am not sure about the same.

As far as I am aware I have not dropped the phone yet, I am able to use the right side of the phone but then I am not able to use the right side, I mean that I am not able to use the following things because of this:
    • I am not able to use a-q-s-e-w-z letters.
    • Numbers like 1-4-7 is not working while calling.
    • I am not able to go back when I enter the menu setting.

I have recently jailbreaked it using the quickpwn and I am now using the 2.2.1 version, it was working fine by now without any problem and this problem appeared suddenly so I think that it is because of the firmware issue and all.

I just wanted to know that how did you managed to unlock it if you are saying that the left side is not working? But then if you are able to unlock it and you are not able to use it in the letters and no screen than I think that this is some kind of software problem so if you want then you can try to restore the phone or update the firmware and see if it is making any difference but if you are not able to unlock it then this is surely a hardware problem and you will have to get it repaired, if you are under the warranty period than just contact the apple store and see what they have to say about it. Hope that helps.

I am able to unlock it because the slider portion is working and I have tried out reinstalling the firmware and downgrading to firmware 2.1 again but then it was not making any difference. Other than this I have also tried restoring a mo of times but then even it is not helping me out. I am currently using the 2.2.1 version and I am really running out of ideas regarding what should I do to get it work because I am not under the warranty as well. Is there any other method that I can try out to get it work?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I don’t think that there is any solution to get it work as I am very sure that it is a hardware problem because I had faced the same before where my bottom screen was not working and it had appeared to be paralyzed like you said and even I was not under the warranty, I have got the screen repaired for $190 the price may differ so if you want to get it repaired than you will have to spend a good price else you don’t have any option.

Ok I will visit the service center and see if they can help me out, if it can be solved by any solution then I will use it else I won’t be spending that much to get it repaired, Anyways thanks to you all for your help, I really appreciate it.