Thread: Need help in turning SMS notifications "off" in iphone 4s

Need help in turning SMS notifications "off" in iphone 4s

I have recently bought iphone 4s and the problem that I am having with it now is that I have set the Show SMS preview “off” in the Passcode Lock and have also turned “off” the pass code as well but then I have found that I am still able to get the preview of the new text message that I receive even though I have turned it off. Is there anyone who has an idea about it and can help me out with the same??

Re: Need help in turning SMS notifications "off" in iphone 4s

I have recently bought iphone 4s and the problem that I am having with it now is that I have set the Show SMS preview “off” in the Passcode Lock and have also turned “off” the pass code as well but then I have found that I am still able to get the preview of the new text message that I receive even though I have turned it off. Is there anyone who has an idea about it and can help me out with the same??
    I am not getting what exactly you want to say from your post, what I have understood is that you have disabled the message preview in the passcode lock settings but then it is not working in the same way, is this what you wanted to say??

I think that he wants to disable the preview without passcode locking his phone and if that’s you want then I will like to inform you that there is not a feature for that until now, in fact I have been looking for the same. If anyone finds a solution for the same then please share it here, it will be highly appreciated.

Even I thought of using this feature but then I think that there is really no use when we just turn off the sms preview and leave the pass code lock turned on the other side and if anyone wants to view the message without you knowledge then they can just go to the SMS app and view it..

Even I thought of using this feature but then I think that there is really no use when we just turn off the sms preview and leave the pass code lock turned on the other side and if anyone wants to view the message without you knowledge then they can just go to the SMS app and view it..
    Yes this feature is really useless, I mean that even though I am turning “off” the SMS preview and it is still showing the name, I mean that why is this app actually made for when it is not working in the way it used to. I have also tried turning the passcode lock “on” and “off” but then I am still able to see the sms preview, I doubt that there is actually a solution to disable the sms preview in iphone.

I just wanted to share that in the latest iOS software the SMS previews is not under the privacy/passcode lock anymore and I am saying this because I have checked it out myself and I am using the same. So if possible just get it and then go in to the settings>notifications>messages and there will be an option for the SMS preview and one won’t be able to view a message when you are having a lock screen. Other than this it will also work even if the passcode lock is disabled. Just try it out and then let me know what you get, it think that it is a perfect solution that you are searching. Best of luck.

I can help you as well, I mean that if you don’t have a problem in jailbreaking the iphone then you can so the same and then download and install an application called “lockinfo” and using this you will be able to setup the home screen ad lock screen in order to hide the SMS previews. I have been using the same in my jailbreaked iphone 3g so if you want then you can try out the same but then I want to clear it out now that the warrant will be voided, so if you are not that concerned about it then you can surely try out the above method but then those who don’t want to void the warranty then I don’t think that there is any such solution for them. I am not aware if it has been covered in the latest iOS software as one has specified in the above test but then you can try it out to check out the same. Hope that helps.