Thread: How to Get Rid of keyboard in Text Message Screen in iphone 3GS

How to Get Rid of keyboard in Text Message Screen in iphone 3GS

I am having a iphone 3GS and I have recently updated it to IOS4 and the problem that I am facing now is that while chatting the it is displaying all the conversation that I had but then when I am tap to read then the keyboard comes up and then I am not able to see the message if it is long and this is really disappointing me. Is there a way to hide or get rid of the keyboard in Text Message Screen when I am reading it?? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: How to Get Rid of keyboard in Text Message Screen in iphone 3GS

I am having a iphone 3GS and I have recently updated it to IOS4 and the problem that I am facing now is that while chatting the it is displaying all the conversation that I had but then when I am tap to read then the keyboard comes up and then I am not able to see the message if it is long and this is really disappointing me. Is there a way to hide or get rid of the keyboard in Text Message Screen when I am reading it?? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.
    I think that I have a solution for the same but then it is weird and if you want to try out then just go to the top left button and then tap there and then you will get the list of recipients and then just select the ones whose message that you want to view. Just try it out and see if this workaround is helping you out or not. I have been doing the same because that’s the only workaround that I have found by now.

I don’t use the above method but then you can try out the same and if you want then you can also try out the method that I am using, what all you have to do is just click on the 'Edit' in order to hide the keyboard and after that you will get the full screen again and then you can read the messages without any problem. I have been using the same while reading messages and it seems to be quite help full as well.

I was having the same problem but then I have solved the same and in order to get rid of this I had deleted all the text messages first and after that I closed the application and then removed it from the "multitasking ribbon" and after that when I again open the app and then made a chat then I was not getting the same irritating keyboard again, just check it out and then let me know if you all are able to do the same or not. I think that this solution should work for you all as well. Best of luck.

I am having the latest ios version so I am not that sure if it will work out for the ios4 as well but then you can just try it out, in ios5 we can avoid the keyboard by dragging down the texts above and after that you can also scroll upwards from the text input box in order to get back the keyboard. Just try it out and then let me know if it is working or not.