Thread: freezing of external wireless mouse in Dell xps 17 l702x

freezing of external wireless mouse in Dell xps 17 l702x

As I’m using the Dell L702X xps 17 notebook for the daily use. So the problem I’m facing is that whenever I try to connect the external mouse with the dell xps notebook what I see is mouse cannot be connected with the laptop and sometimes after trying for the several times the mouse connects it but I see the mouse cursor stops functioning. So I would like to know what can be done so that I can fix this issue.

re: freezing of external wireless mouse in Dell xps 17 l702x

First thing I want to ask you is that is your touchpad in the notebook working fine and if not then for this issue you should try installing the drivers, as there might be possibility that the drivers for the mouse are not functioning well. So I think you should reinstall the drivers in to your notebook.

As you are mentioning that you are not able to connect the external mouse with the laptop. but have you tried connecting your external mouse with the any other notebook so that you will get to know that whether the mouse is having the issue or is it with the notebook.So according to me you should try with this as doing it will get to know in which of the device is having issue.

I tried with connecting the external mouse with the brother notebook and the mouse in that is working properly but when connecting to this laptop it start giving the same problem and I have also tried with the reinstalling of the drivers into the notebook but still did not clear out with the issue of the mouse getting freezed in fact new problem raised is that I’m having issues with the 2nd hard drive not able to detect and sometimes it appears and sometimes not. So I want to know about both the problem also, what happens is that

As you are saying that you tried connecting with the other notebook and is working fine but when you connect to your laptop it freezes down and reinstalling of the drivers did not work. Just want to know are you installing the drivers which is compatible to the OS, because what I think is that you maybe installing the wrong drivers which is not compatible to the OS and due to that it might not get installed into your laptop.

According to me you should try doing the system restore as doing this might get you back to the normal one as you were using before.

• For this try to open the "Dell backup and Recovery Manager"
    • Now after doing this try creating the image of C with selecting the "Backup System"
    • Now using same image “Restore System”

Re: freezing of external wireless mouse in Dell xps 17 l702x

Mine was having the same issue and I tried reinstalling the drivers and after rebooting the notebook external mouse was working fine and had no issue regarding this.