Thread: Need help in Importing Google Contacts into iCloud on iphone 4s

Need help in Importing Google Contacts into iCloud on iphone 4s

I have recently bought iphone 4s and this is my first apple phone so I don’t have much knowledge about it and I wanted to import Google Contacts into iCloud but then I am not aware of the solution, so is there anyone who has done the same before and can help me out as well?? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Need help in Importing Google Contacts into iCloud on iphone 4s

I have recently bought iphone 4s and this is my first apple phone so I don’t have much knowledge about it and I wanted to import Google Contacts into iCloud but then I am not aware of the solution, so is there anyone who has done the same before and can help me out as well?? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.
    In order to do the same first make sure that you are having the Gmail Account and a valid iCloud account and after that just follow the below steps:
    • First go in the Google Contacts and then click on the More menu > Export and after that export the contacts that you want.
    • After that just select the vCard format and then click on the Export after that you will get a contacts.vcf in to your computer, so just check out for the same and then rename it to your name with the same extension.
    • When you are done with the same then login in to cloud and then just click on the contacts and then make sure that you are not having any contacts in there and after that just drag the .vcf file in the contacts, it will take some seconds so just wait and then you are done.

Just try it out and then let me know what you get.

I was looking for the same and I am really surprised to get it solve in the first attempt, I thought that it might be a difficult step but then with your solution I was really able to do it without any issues, Thanks to you for the same.

I think that you might be lucky enough to get it work because I have done the same but then I am not able to complete the process, I mean that when I am dragging and then renaming the .vcf into Contacts in iCloud then I am not getting anything, I mean that I waited for some time but then I am not getting anything in response. I don’t think that I have missed out anything, is there any other solution that I can try out to solve this, any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I have tried out the same in Firefox safari and chrome as well but then it is not working for me as well, I am not able to track out the cause of the same, is it any kind of browser issue or something else? Is there any other way of doing the same??

I have tried out the same in Firefox safari and chrome as well but then it is not working for me as well, I am not able to track out the cause of the same, is it any kind of browser issue or something else? Is there any other way of doing the same??
    I think that you can also try out the other method using the iphone and the iTunes, in order to do so just follow the below steps:
    • Connect your device go to the itunes and then click on the Info tab after that just Check Sync Contacts with Google Contacts and after that just enter the required information and then sync your device, now this will add one more extra category in your Contacts of your iphone.
    • Also make sure that your phone has accepted all the google contacts, you can check out the same in the new group.
    • After that go in to the itunes and then uncheck Sync Contacts after that just select 'Leave contacts on device and then go in to the Settings and then select the 'iCloud' in your phone and also make sure that other items are turned “on” and the contacts are “off”.
    • Now just leave the contacts on your phone and then turn the contacts “on” again and then it will ask you to merge all contacts to iCloud, so here just select the merge option and then you are done with the process.

Just try it out and then let me know if you have any further problem. Best of luck.

Hey I have tried it out and this has worked out for me like a charm, I did not got stuck in between and completed the process without any issues, I am really thankful to you for the same, I really appreciate your help.

Hey it worked for me on:
    • Firefox 8
    • Windows 7 machine

I am happy that I have finally solved it out, I thought that this is some kind of browser issue but then I don’t think the same again, anyways I have solved the issue now with your help. Thanks once again.