Thread: Carrier IQ software for Nokia's windows phone

Carrier IQ software for Nokia's windows phone

HI guys, you must be aware about the software that’s carrier IQ which is actually used to collects user data and sends this to a essential server. According to Carrier IQ this is prepared to get better user experience. But still when I was searching about any such software for Nokia phones at that time i found result only for the android phones and not for Nokia phones.

In fact this is obvious thing like it might not be possible to have software for the older phones but still the newer windows phone should get this software isn’t it? Thus please let me know if there is any software for the windows mobiles. Thanks for any suggestion.

Re: Carrier IQ software for Nokia's windows phone

Nokia phones are just a crap and i am sure as they will never get any such software installed in their phones though they contains mango OS. In fact when i was searching the same thing on internet I came to know that one of the article were stating like Nokia deny use of Carrier IQ software in the phone. but still they have stated like Carrier IQ does not ship products for any Nokia devices, but still i am hoping as the device should be able to get the this application for the windows phones.

see I have heard that this is actually depends upon the network providers and not concerned with the product/mobile manufacturer.

I am currently using att service in my phone and when i contacted them for the same conformance i came to know that because of some lack of prejudice in performance they are not up till now ready to enabled this feature. So no matter whether the phone gets this feature preinstalled or not but we’ll not be able to make them enable until and unless those network operator involved in the same process.

I would also akin to know if this spyware/rootkit (i think this is what they are supposed to be pronounced) is installed on Nokia phones. If so, what phone models and wireless carriers are exaggerated? This malware has the capability to send everything you perform on the phone, each keystroke, to your wireless supplier. I would presuming that unlocked phones, such as Simbian Anna and Belle phones, bought straightly from Nokia care center are safe, but I don't know that for sure.

My guess is that Windows Phones 7 are more probable to be exaggerated than Symbian phones. That's just a guess based on the declaration made by Nokia and Microsoft CEOs that Windows Phone is the "most operator-friendly" OS. "Operator-friendly" usually interprets to a phone that's locked up and aloof towards the consumer If the operators desire spyware or rootkits to be preinstalled on the Windows Phone, I would guess that Elop and Ballmer will be keen to obey.

I don’t know guys whether you are conscious or not but still I have take notice that carrier IQ is fundamentally a company, based in California, that developed a tool rather i would say a application which proffers carriers with analytics from a wide range of devices. You’ve almost certainly heed that this complexity only subsists in Android phones, and this is partially true. While no company appears eager to admit it’s been using Carrier IQ, Apple claims it is not a part of iOS 5 and up, and when it comes to Microsoft, Carrier IQ is not at hand in Windows phones 7 as well, no matter who are developing them.

Nokia phones are just a crap and i am sure as they will never get any such software installed in their phones though they contains mango OS. In fact when i was searching the same thing on internet I came to know that one of the article were stating like Nokia deny use of Carrier IQ software in the phone. but still they have stated like Carrier IQ does not ship products for any Nokia devices, but still i am hoping as the device should be able to get the this application for the windows phones.
    Ok, just forget about the windows phones but still do you have any idea about the previous Symbian S^3 devices? Will those devices can get this application? I am having Nokia N8 thus please let me know whether this is possible or not.

See, I would like to recommend you that you should 52have a glance over the LINK i am mentioning over here, because see they do have mentioned the same thing like almost each and every mobile manufacturer used to deny as their devices uses such kind of software in their phone.

Though the link is actually for the android device but still you can at least understand whether this is possible or not. And as mentioned by the above user like we can install this software in the phone but they didn’t comes with the phone itself.

It seems like i have to assume as the application is not installed, but still i am confused as whether this will be helpful or harmful for us? Anyways thanks for the suggestions.