Thread: iPhone 3gs is giving a "dead battery" screen

iPhone 3gs is giving a "dead battery" screen

I am having a iPhone 3gs and I have jailbroken it and it was working fine by now but then I don’t know what happened to it suddenly, it appears as if it is dead, I have tried to plug it to the charging but then it flashed the screen and after that I got the white loading ring against a black screen, I thought that it will work but then when I checked the same then it again came back to the dead battery screen. I have tried out the same and I am getting the same response. Is there anyone who can help me with a workaround for the same?? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: iPhone 3gs is giving a "dead battery" screen

I am having a iPhone 3gs and I have jailbroken it and it was working fine by now but then I don’t know what happened to it suddenly, it appears as if it is dead, I have tried to plug it to the charging but then it flashed the screen and after that I got the white loading ring against a black screen, I thought that it will work but then when I checked the same then it again came back to the dead battery screen. I have tried out the same and I am getting the same response. Is there anyone who can help me with a workaround for the same?? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.
    I think that your battery is simply dead and you will have to get a new one, if it is possible then just check it out with other battery of the same type and see if it is making any difference or not. I also wanted to know that this thing came up after the draining of the battery or it appeared suddenly??

I am not very sure if the battery is dead or not because it was working fine by yesterday and it appeared suddenly, I don’t think that it had drained out to off, I used to use it in the same regular way. I won’t be able to arrange other battery to check it out if the battery I am having Is dead or not. Is there any other method that I can try out to solve the issue or confirm if the battery itself is dead or not, any further help for the same will be appreciated?

If that’s not possible then I will suggest you to try out a firmware update and see if it helps or not, if there is any software related problem then it might help, I think that the only option left that you can try out now, just try it out and then let me know what you get. Best of luck.

Hey I have tried out resetting the firmware by connecting my phone to the computer but then here the problem is that the iTunes is not recognizing my phone, it used to do it well before all this happened. When I am disconnecting it then I am getting the same dead battery screen. It is appearing as if the phone is bricked or it might be just that the battery is dead, since no other solution is working out for me, I just wanted to know that is there any chance that I can get it fixed by the apple even though I have jailbroken it, I mean I have heard that the warranty gets void after jailbreaking it, is there anyone who can clear out my doubt now??

I was having the same issue but then I was able to solve it out somehow, I mean that even in my case that battery was appearing to be 70 percent dead and when I was plugging it to the charging then I was getting the same response from it. Later I did a hard reset and after that I was able to get 10 percent of the battery, so I just plugged it in the charging and left it like that for some hours and after that it was charged completely and since then I am not facing the same problem, I don’t know how come this worked for me as I though the battery is dead but then it is still working without any issues by now, if you want then you can try out the same and see if it is helping you as well. Just try it out and see if it is solving your problem or not.

If the phone is not getting recognized by the itunes then I think that you should try out by putting the device into DFU or Recovery Mode and after that do the restoring process with the itunes, I think that the it will detect it in that way. Just check it out and then see if the phone is getting recognized or not. If you have any further problem than let me know.

The other thing that you can try out is just open the iTunes and then plug the usb cable to your computer but then do not connect it to your iphone and after that press and hold the home button and then connect the cord to the iphone and remain holding the home button and after that just click on the restore in the itunes and see if it is making any difference or not. I think that this should probably help you out.

I tried out the hard reset process but then it was not making any difference in my case and I was still getting the same battery dead screen, I then tried out the restoring method and I did in the same way and I was really surprised to see that the phone was recognized and it was saying its in recovery mode.I will try out the restoring process and will see if it is making any difference, till then thanks to you once again.