Thread: Touchpad does not work after connecting the USB HDD with Dell Inspiron N7110

Touchpad does not work after connecting the USB HDD with Dell Inspiron N7110

I have Dell Inspiron N7110 laptop I am facing strange problem in my laptop. Now whenever I connect my USB HDD with my laptop at that time my touchpad stops working. I have tri to solve this problem by trying different solution but that does not help me to fix this problem. Please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

Re: Touchpad does not work after connecting the USB HDD with Dell Inspiron N7110

I have read your problem and I would like to ask you that you are getting this problem while connecting your USB HDD only or you get this problem when you connect any other USB device also. If you face this problem with the USB HDD only then there might be issue with the HDD otherwise problem is with the laptop. i hope this information will be helpful for you.

Re: Touchpad does not work after connecting the USB HDD with Dell Inspiron N7110

Have you tried to check by connecting the USB hard drive with different USB port in your Dell Inspiron N7110 laptop? if you have not tried then you have to first connect the USB HDD with different USB port and then check whether same problem is occurring or not. Many times by connecting the device with different USB port can solve this problem. You should also try to solve this problem uninstalling the USB drivers from you laptop and then you have to install the USB drivers again and after installing the USB drivers again in your laptop you have to check whether you are getting the same problem or not.

Try this solution and after that your problem will get solved.

Connecting the USB HDD with different USB port also gives me the same problem and after that I have also tried to solve this problem by uninstalling the UISB drivers from my Dell Inspiron N7110 and then installing the USB drivers in my laptop again and after installing that in my laptop also I get the same problem. Now please tell me how to fix this issue?

It looks like problem is with the touchpad driver in your laptop and that is why I will suggest you to first uninstall the touchpad drivers from your Dell Inspiron N7110 and after that you have to restart the laptop and after restarting the laptop you have to install the touchpad drivers again in your laptop and after reinstalling the drivers in your laptop you have to check whether you are getting the same problem or not. if you get the same problem after that also then you have to download the latest drivers from the internet for touchpad and after that you have to uninstall old drivers. After doing that you have to install new drivers in your Dell Inspiron N7110 and after installing that in your laptop you have to check whether your problem get solved or not. I hope after that your problem will get solved.

If after trying the above solution also same problem occurs with the touchpad in your Dell Inspiron N7110 then there is something wrong withy the hardware and you should contact the Dell support or visit the Dell service center and then they will solve your problem. I hope your problem will get solved as soon as possible.

If you want to download the latest touchpad drivers for your Dell Inspiron N7110 laptop then you have to go to the official site of the Dell and then you have to download the latest drivers after selecting the proper model number of your laptop and then install it in your laptop.