Thread: Backslash is missing from iPhone Mail 2.1

Backslash is missing from iPhone Mail 2.1

i recently got a new iphone and teh internet settings were well and good. apart from thsi i have a issue with setting up my iPhone 3G with 2.1 on our work Exchange email system. i don't know for what reason , our email address still requires to be entered "domain\username@company.com" in order to work. i am not getting the option to backslash so as to enter in the "Email" field. what could be the reasons behind it.

Re: Backslash is missing from iPhone Mail 2.1

OK. are you able to type all the remaining characters.?you can just make use of the third keypad. just press the ".?123" button, then the "#+=" button, and then backslash.

there is no option for the third keypad in 2.1. in email . so the possible answer for this could be just go into your "Notes" app and type in your name of the site or the information with a backslash. simply copy and paste it at the location where you need. this is the only temporary solution for this. further i don't have enough idea about the permanent fix. there must be some settings gone wrong with your device. you should check around the keypad.

i was of the similar issue and generally people find problems as they are unable to locate third keypad in 2.1 , and i suppose there is no option to do this as mentioned above. there are great chances that it should be in the Username field.

i also have a apple iphone and according to me, I have a \ in mine already from a previous version, and it is the only way it will work as there is separation made by Apple between the "Domain" and the "Username" fields. I'm about finished with a rollback to 2.0. i think this will give hint for your solution.

i am not able to receive mails as i cant open and sent mails as there is no backslash option available. i made an attempt to setup email exchange with but no \. id anyone knows about this problem do tell us.