Thread: All location service and GPS app not working on iPhone 3GS

All location service and GPS app not working on iPhone 3GS

Don’t know what is wrong here but lately I have noticed that my phones all the location service a like the Google Maps , Vicinity and Twitterific could not able to locate me infact Twitterific icon was even got grey . Then I do the common thing restarted my phone and as expected all the issue end away but now it again the same thing so the bottom line now I have to do restart again and again to this services to work cab anyone here help me on this I would be really appreciating this . thanks in advance

Re: All location service and GPS app not working on iPhone 3GS

Even I even have this same issue Ever since i updated to iOS 5, navigation apps like Sygic and Nagignon are reporting that they're unable to urge GPS signal. These apps were operating simply fine before the update. Even different apps like 4square and Gowalla are fully off the sole factor that appears to be operating is Maps however its ineffective to spot current location properly. Its rather frustrating to see this paid apps particularly Sygic not operating .

I have similar issue on my iPhone . Before IOS5, no issues what so ever , when the upgrade to iOS5, no GPS anymore. The strange thing is, that the iPhone3GS of my friend will have GPS when update to iOS5, even with identical baseband Hopefully Apple gives a answer

All I will recommend you is to do resetting your network settings by going into
    • Settings
    • General
    • Reset
    • Reset Network Settings.

Try it with 3G on and wifi off. Hopes this facilitate

My phone giving Poor GPS signal whereas my friend phone shows a robust signal. It used to operate fine, however since the upgrade the GPS is nearly as good as broken.

Is there any way to know how to get bad back to iOS 4.3? i attempted to revive a backup, however that simply restore applications and settings, not the iOS version

Same here, did the ios5 upgrade and currently none of my GPS and satnav connected apps are functioning properly. Have done all kind of resets, combination and thus on. terribly irritated, and that i too need to travel back to 4.3. will anyone facilitate me i might be extremely glad

I did a network reset and it too failed to fix the difficulty. I even have reinstalled the app, however no answer. too scrutinize the gps information, it provides the coordinates. however the navigation software cannot find the situation. Like to inform what's inflicting this, if there was a retardant within the chip, then gps information would not offer the location . If this software will get the location, why cannot navigation ones.

I've been I touch with Navigon and they told me the result of if problems with iOS 5. they're aware and getting ready an update. i feel all the GPS apps are having problems. Some minor, others additional annoying. Hope apple would do one thing regarding this

I don't think that is restricted to any navigation apps. i do not have any navigation apps on it, simply normal MAPS APP that is standard built on the iPhone. It solely shows the location based mostly on Wifi and 3G location, however once I switch off this app , no location is even found . not onlt that is not it that when MAPS finds a GPS location, the blue dot starts to blink? or will it show a pin of the location? I simply have a blue dot with a circle around it that is tiny once I am on wifi and huge once I am on 3G . Is there how to browse the GPS coordinates in iOS5? will anyone recognize if this is often already reported to Apple? i used to be hoping that iOS5.01 was having a fix however till recognize there's no bugfix during this update

The blue dot doesn't blink, it shows you THE location and also the blue circle is that the radius during which you're gift. too the wifi must be on for the GPS CHIP to urge your location. too to urge your location use a App in AppStore GPSINFO, it'll tell you ways it's obtaining your location. strive it out and let me recognize. My maps work, however it's not correct.

Jailbreak your iPhone 3GS on iOS 5 by following a step by step guide posted here. Extract and run redsn0w zero.9.9b6 have to be compelled to do some Googling to urge thiClick “Jailbreak” button on screenUncheck “Install Cydia” optionredsn0w zero.9.9b6 can currently jailbreak your iPhone 3GS and can too fix your location services.

I hope this works