Thread: the order of songs in apple iOS 5 is reversed

the order of songs in apple iOS 5 is reversed

for the reason i can make my sound quality enhanced decided to buy apples iOS5 beta 6 and it came to my notice that in my playlist on the phone the song list is in the opposite order that I have it in iTunes. I wish to show the most recently added songs first but it shows the oldest first. I've made an attempt switching the order on iTunes and it always shows the songs in teh similar manner. i need a fix for this.

Re: the order of songs in apple iOS 5 is reversed

there were similar issues with my AppleTV . i have a iphone and the song list reflects the order in iTunes. i suppose that these is a kind of beta bug but however i am with no solution for it. can any one with the similar issue help us.

there are generally problems regarding this and i can get to this problem. If users click on the leftmost column header previous to syncing on the apple shuffle, it will cause them to play the playlists in an reverse manner. further i can state that the column is a series of numbers that signifies song order. To have a solution over this problem, you just simply need to click on that column header previous to syncing. it will play in proper order after the playlist has imported.

this type of issue generally occurs when user errors importing albums or other music. i think this is because you downloaded from another mode. see to it that there is a proper downloading of songs.

yes, you said it correctly that When songs or podcasts are downloaded in the "Automatic Updating" mode, there is a possibility that the songs or podcasts will be imported in reverse manner, or in an incorrect manner/order. and hence a remedy for this is to , disable the Automatic Updating feature, following directions from Apple .

Users who wish to input songs or podcasts by making use of the "Manual Updating" mode can be able to input songs in the precise order they wish by means of iTunes.

I was pertaining with the same problem. I had my main play list named as iPhoneSongs. I had about more than 600 songs that no matter what I tried my phone always started to play those with the oldest song in the list. its just feels irritated to scroll all the songs and then play which i wanted..

i found some ways in which the problem was solved. in my matter it worked.
    I created a new play list called iPhoneSongs2. I made a highlighter for all the songs from the playlist iPhoneSongs. then i simply dragged the list into iPhoneSongs2 and made a sorting by date added (newest first). I then made a uncheck of the playlist of iPhone Songs and checked iPhoneSongs2 for having sync. it was then synced. this will also work in your case.

there was a fix found by me in this case. you should add the "Date Modified" alternative to your play list, and put it in decreased date from there. it forced me for this to do as i was having this issue from more than 1 week and could not resist of the song which i want to play. so, to state further i would like to tell most of the dates between when they're added and modified should be the same in most of the case.

i am also having the same problem . please suggest some ways so that it is possible to get rid of this problem. although there are problems with Beta 7 . after trying the above methods didn't worked in my case. can anyone suggest some further tips to solve it.

the problem was solved in my case. i would really thank you all guys for this. i just added the "Date Modified" option in my playlist and continued the process which was mentioned in the previous posts. thanks. i am now able to make a choice of the song i want t o play.