Thread: Unable to hear on ear piece receiver on iPhone 4S

Unable to hear on ear piece receiver on iPhone 4S

Hi guys I got this odd error on my iPhone 4S I can listen to the people who calls and they cant even list to me either I have no idea what the problem is and I am guessing this is because when i tried to show my wife that the how usual headsets do not get in to the headset jack by put in a jack into the handset and after that I kept the phone on the like that with plugged to my stereo system for playing to play music then I received call and I hush out of the dock to attend the call and now I am unable to hear anything can anyone here help me to get rid of this problem I would be really glad to know thanks

Re: Unable to hear on ear piece receiver on iPhone 4S

Same issue this afternoon I picked up my iPhone 4 from the store and I have so far , upgrading, installing, testing In short, but just now I realized that my iPhone only works with headphones connected I cannot hear anything if I don’t connect to head phone . I have been looking the options settings but everything seems well there

Anyone else facing this problem ? Did I "overlooked " something in setting ?

I am facing the same problem and when I called the Apple Support executive he told me this can be solved by plugging and unplugging the headphones several times but this is not working and I am bit striating to worry now is there any other solution to this it would be nice to know it

It is hard to solve, it is best to call Apple as soon as possible you might have taken headset too fast and phone is now thinking they are still inside, or that one of the connectors into the mini jack has gotten to within . Try turning up the volume, you'll see that it is in headset mode now the situation will be when the phone rings it will not works if you are not putting your hands free. If removing and inserting does not work you can try to restore from scratch by deleting phone settings first and then all the data.

There was a problem with my iPhone 3GS. I can not hear caller, he hears me perfectly. Through the speakerphone all heard through the headphones too. When I add / lower the volume label on the screen says headphones I never heard malfunction like this,

I did not fall the Phone or put it in the water . Headphones are not plugged. Did Settings reset - to no benefit. And the worse is no sound in the sms,

Can anyone help me out of this

So I got the newest iPhone and for a few reason it cannot perform it's most simple operate. When folks call me, and that i learn, they can not hear me. after I them folks, they can not hear me. , if I keep it on speaker mode, then they will hear me. ? will this mean I actually have to see to exchanged? Or is it some software trouble?

Does it matter if the matter is hardware or software? Your phone is broken and you'll need to see Apple or visit a store to repair. If you're near a store, get on the online web site and set a briefing. if you are not getting help from them , you'll get nowhere . Sorry you have this issue, however they'll watch out of it for you.

Try this
    1. Verify that there's nothing plugged in to the headset port, as well as headsets, headphones, or adapters.
    2. Original iPhone only whereas on the Home screen, modify the volume buttons. If you see the icon below, indicating that headphones are connected, there is also remains within the headset port
    3. To remove remains within the headset port, attempt connecting a try of headphones to the headset port and then take away the headphones. Repeat this many times.
    4. Check the receiver mesh . If it seems blocked, use a clean, small, dry, soft-bristled brush to fastidiously and gently brush away any debris.
    5. If you've got paired with a Bluetooth headset that's nearby, either use the headset or flip Bluetooth off
    6. If that does not work, attempt restarting the iPhone. Hold the Sleep/Wake button till "slide to power off" seems. Slide to power off your device. When it's off, press the Sleep/Wake button to show it back on.
    7. If restarting the iPhone does not resolve the problem, attempt restoring the device.

Hopes this helps

Insert and take away your headphones multiple times rapidly and if this wont helps s then Do a full reboot hold down the highest button and therefore the home button at a similar time till you see the apple icon hopes this can assist you worked for me.

Yeah appear as if once you modify the volume whereas you are on the Home screen, will the volume indicator show headphones even once you haven't got headphones connected? If therefore, that is why your mic and receiver aren't operating apart from speakerphone or headsets. It additionally means that your iPhone thinks there are headphones when there are not. generally simply taking a will of compressed air to the headphone jack and rebooting the iPhone can resolve the problem.

I don’t see headphones are connected while I use volume up from volume buttons and still i cant hear anything from my ear piece , that we don’t have any apple store here please help