Thread: How to sort contacts in iPhone 4s

How to sort contacts in iPhone 4s

Hi guys

I need help on this I just recently bought iPhone 4S one of the terrific phone I must say I really like this phone and as I came for the android I am still learning how to use this phone but there is one thing that I am unable to find here and that is how can I be able to sort the contact name according to their first name basis I teried hard to finde this option but I am not able to find any solution , this is really embarrassing as this might be very easy to do but somehow I am unable to do it so please guys is there anyone here can help me to sort this I would really be appreciating that

Thanks

Re: How to sort contacts in iPhone 4s

Try this

1. go to the setting and tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars opting
    2. Now in there scroll down you see the contact section
    3. Tab the contact section you will see the sorting order as you want

That it you will notice that the contact is sorted accordingly in contacts app

Hey that Is not the problem it very simple all you have to do is go to the preference under that go to the phone and in that on the contacts there you will see the Sort Order Last, First . just that select either of one that you want your contact to be sorted on and you would be good to go

Even I am also facing the same problem in a bit a different manner as I have on the preference sort the contact by the last name. The issue is that in the Contacts application its showing the wrong sort order that is sort by first name. although the Phone application the contacts shows in the correct manner that is sorting by lastname and I don’t know what the problem is but I am unable to solve this issue can anyone here can help me how to get rid of this problem

Yeah I had this similar issue and it stared for me after I deleted all data from the setting . no matter what setting keep display order always remain the same and after resetting the phone everything works find and for that all you need to do is hold the Sleep button with the Home button until the apple logo displays that it every problem went away hope this will help you also

Cheers

All I can say is shutting off the phone the handset will solve the problem . but I am not certain that what might happen if I change the sorting order again hope Apple sort the problem soon look like a bug to me

Hi guys really appreciate the reply and I tried what you all suggested here shutting off and on phone and this actually fixed the problem of sorting on my phone , not sure how long it will stay on this manner I will keep you all updating if I found how the issue was arise thanks once again

Hey guys recently I have shifted to the iPhone 4 from the iPhone 3. And I have the problem now I have done the contact sorting order as noted above and yet unable to get the correct sort order it just does not work and solution given above is not going well for me please guys I need help on this I would be really glad to know anything about this thanks

I have this issue and when I Google I got the fix on this though I would share this

Restart the handset the phone. Shut off totally, then restart it back on.

however opening contacts displayed the previous sorting method. Restarting the handset with no another changes repair it.

Seems as I was able to way out the entire Contacts list by doing the a hard restart of the iPhone. All you have to do is holding the power button for about the 10 seconds to fully power shut down and then pressing once more to restart again did the trick. It at the moment sorts by last name.

If you observe the entire your contacts sort with the last name first on your iPhone, ? It’s for the reason that by default, iPhone sort contacts by Lastname. You be able to in fact make your contacts show according to first name if you do the changes on the contact setting