Thread: Receiving all calls as "unknown" caller ID... in iphone 4s

Receiving all calls as "unknown" caller ID... in iphone 4s

I have recently bought a iphone 4s from AT&T and the problem that I am facing with the same is that whenever I am receiving a call from any contacts in the phone then my phone displays them as unknown caller rather than displaying their names, I am not having any problem in calling and all. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well? Any suggestion for the same will be appreciated.

Re: Receiving all calls as "unknown" caller ID... in iphone 4s

I have recently bought a iphone 4s from AT&T and the problem that I am facing with the same is that whenever I am receiving a call from any contacts in the phone then my phone displays them as unknown caller rather than displaying their names, I am not having any problem in calling and all. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well? Any suggestion for the same will be appreciated.
    Before I suggest you anything I just wanted to know that this happened as soon as you moved you contacts in the phone or this appeared suddenly? Have you changed any kind of setting if you remember?? Are you getting the same response for the messages that you receive?? Just answer me the above questions for further help.

Yes this problem is since the day I have moved the contacts in the phone and have started to use it, it did not appeared suddenly and I have not yet changed any settings as well and I think that all the settings are default. Other than that I am not getting the same response for the text messages and it is identifying it very well with the sender the problem is only when I receive call and nothing else? Are there any settings that I will have to change?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

Yes this problem is since the day I have moved the contacts in the phone and have started to use it, it did not appeared suddenly and I have not yet changed any settings as well and I think that all the settings are default. Other than that I am not getting the same response for the text messages and it is identifying it very well with the sender the problem is only when I receive call and nothing else? Are there any settings that I will have to change?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.
    As far as I remember there is no such settings for receiving the calls as unknown, I mean that you can make calls as unknown to anyone but then if you are saying that you are receiving it for all the contacts then there are no possibilities of someone calling you as unknown itself. I think that you should better contact the AT&T and see what they have to say about the same. I think that they will definitely help you out with it. Just contact them and find it out.

That was what I thought but then I just wanted to share that I had contacted the AT&T and I addressed them the whole problem but then even they were not able to find out the cause of this problem and they were suggesting me simple methods like resetting the phone and all, and even after doing the same it is just not making any difference and I am still left out with the same problem, Other than this I have also tried restoring the phone as well but then I did not had any luck yet. Is there any other workaround that I can try out to fix this issue?? Is there any possibility that this might be due to some hardware issue??

I don’t think that this is really because of some kind of hardware issue and all but then I just wanted to know if you are having the contacts save with the country codes and all because I have found some calls coming as unknown in my case as well when they are not stored with the country codes but then it was just for some contacts and not all. If you want then you can check for the same and see if it is making any difference. I am not that sure about the same but then I think that you can give it a try at least as I really don’t find any other solution to solve this out. Just check it out and then let me know what you get. Best of luck.

I think that I can help you out here as I was facing the same problem before and was able to get it solved, in my case I had contacted the carrier and then told them about the same after talking to their experts I came to know that someone had put a code on the account to block caller ID and that is why I was receiving all the calls as unknown but then after that they deleted it from their side and then they said me to do a hard reset and after that when I crossed checked it by calling in my no with my brothers not then I was able to see his name and I am not facing the same for all the contacts. Just check it out if you are having the same case. I think that you are having the same case just address what I have specified to your carrier and then see what they have to say about it.

I think that this is some kind of software issue because I have been facing the same and it started to after I updated my phone to iOS 4.2 and I was not having the same problem before and I have not yet found a solution for the same and had contacted the apple support for the same but then they were not able to fix this out and they said that I might have till wait till the next update to get rid of this. So I am still using it in the same way and still finding a solution for the same, if anyone finds a solution for this then please share it here, it will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I think that this is some kind of code or settings that has to be changed from the carrier side, I think that you will have to visit the carrier service center to get it fix if they are not able to help you via email or call.