Thread: Getting Error 507 - while reloading the software in blackberry bold 9700

Getting Error 507 - while reloading the software in blackberry bold 9700

I was having a battery draining issue on my phone and when i searched the solution on internet i came to know that by reloading the software in the phone all the thing used to get perfect. Thus i reload the software using ..”\loader.exe /nojvm”. It down loaded the modules and everything that it needs ...but it could not re-boot and initialized to go to the next step in the OS installation. I have tried this same thing so many times and every time it gives me the "Error 507 Reinstall software ..." I have tried to re-installed the software a few times and it used to get the similar error each time. Any idea how can i get it resolved?

Re: Getting Error 507 - while reloading the software in blackberry bold 9700

as far as i know A 507 error mean there is no firmware on the phone.

And for this thing you have to simply first download the firmware in the phone, whichever version is suitable and Locate the vendor.xml file and remove it. It is located at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Apploader. after that make use of the Loader.exe to flash your phone in order to reinstallation of the firmware.

But while doing this you need to ensure you discover any vendor.xml on your computer and get rid of it, cause it will not allow you flash any other firmware from a different carrier.

see if suppose you are keep getting the same error that simply means either the phone that you are using is gone bad or simply the software that’s desktop manager for updating the firmware is not working perfectly. thus according to me you should first try to get that software first in your phone from here.

and then Connect your device to the computer. Once the phone gets connected run the Blackberry Desktop Manager and click on "Check for updates" on its window that you can simply find at the left bottom corner. As you click on that the software will confirm for your device OS updates and update your device OS. This whole process will take time for updating process, thus be patient.

I was having a battery draining issue on my phone and when i searched the solution on internet i came to know that by reloading the software in the phone all the thing used to get perfect. Thus i reload the software using ..”\loader.exe /nojvm”. It down loaded the modules and everything that it needs ...but it could not re-boot and initialized to go to the next step in the OS installation. I have tried this same thing so many times and every time it gives me the "Error 507 Reinstall software ..." I have tried to re-installed the software a few times and it used to get the similar error each time. Any idea how can i get it resolved?

Yeah this kind of problems do happens whenever we load the OS in the machine but still have you ever tried a battery pull, if not then first of all you should try to do that and see what happens.

If that fails, then sorry but you'll have to reload the OS anyway. In addition, do a restore from a backup if you have any. That’s why it is always recommended to make a backup first and then only proceed with whatever we are doing.

I would like to recommend you that you should have a glance over this thread, as they have mentioned very good solution for the problem that you are having in your device.

but if suppose you are pursuing the same problem even after referring those steps then according to me it would be better to contact the tech support for the further assistance.

Though i am agree with the above user but still before wiping out the phone i would like to recommend you that you should try this thing as well..!

• First of all you have to install “Blackberry Desktop Manager” in your PC.

• Now on your PC, go to Start >> Run and copy and paste the following mentioned line exactly.

“c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe”/nojvm

• Once you do this the Application Loader Wizard will come into view, thus on that click "Next."

• In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should observe "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN" and after that Click the "Next" button.

• You can now observe a list of applications prepared to be installed for your Blackberry device. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. But be aware as until the process gets over Just don't disconnect anything and allow the process come to an end entirely.

NOTE: If you do not observe a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and as a substitute observe the message, "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you have to download Blackberry's OS for your carrier and device and then try again later.

I don’t know whether this will work or not, but when I searching about the same i came across this video showing how to resolve error 507 in the blackberry mobile. thus i would like to suggest you that you should at least have a glance on it.

why don’t you visit the service center dude, because i think applying such solution can surely put damage to the phone. And if suppose the device is still in the warranty then you may get all the service regarding the device for free of cost though.