Thread: How to transfer pictures from iphone 3g to macbook

How to transfer pictures from iphone 3g to macbook

I have recently bought iphone 3g and I am having a macbook as well and I am willing to transfer the pictures that I am having in the iphone to the macbook and I am looking for a easy method, I have found that it can be done by emailing the picture but then it will take a long time. So I just wanted to know that is there any other method that I can try out to transfer pictures from iphone 3g to macbook as fast as possible? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: How to transfer pictures from iphone 3g to macbook

I have recently bought iphone 3g and I am having a macbook as well and I am willing to transfer the pictures that I am having in the iphone to the macbook and I am looking for a easy method, I have found that it can be done by emailing the picture but then it will take a long time. So I just wanted to know that is there any other method that I can try out to transfer pictures from iphone 3g to macbook as fast as possible? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.
    Yes emailing the pictures to the macbook will definitely take time but then I just wanted to know that why are you not trying to use computer to do so, I mean that you will just have to connect your iphone to the computer and then drag and drop the file. It would be as simple as we plug a digital camera and then transfer the pictures to the pc, It will take less time as well. Just try it out and then let me know if you are able to do the same. Best of luck.

If you want to make it quite simple and easy than just check out if you are having iPhoto, if not then download and install the same because I think that it will be the best way of doing the same. Also make sure that you are having the latest updates as well. If you don’t want to do that then you can also use the image capture which will be in the applications folder. Just try it out and then let me know what you get.]

Yes I think that using the iphoto will be the best option in this case and it will take lesser time as well, I mean that after downloading it you will just have connect the phone with the usb cable and then open iPhoto and after that your phone will appear in the right bottom corner of the toolbar, it functions like the itunes if you have used, so after getting it just click on it and then at the bottom of the window there will be an option called “import” just click on the same and then in sometime you will get all the pictures in your macbook. Hope that helps.

I think that using image capture is better than using the iphoto and the process of image capture is quite easy as well, I mean that you will just have to connect the phone to your macbook and then open the image capture which will be in the application folder and then just import the images that you have or you can also select the images that you all willing to transfer in the destination that you want. I have been using the same and I think that it is the best method and one should try out the same. So if you are having the image capture then you can try out the same.

Hey thanks for your help guys, I have finally transferred the images from my phone to my macbook using “iphoto” actually I was having it in my macbook but then I was not aware of the same but then I am happy that I have finally done it, it was pretty fast but then I don’t know if the image capture is faster than this or not but then I will definitely try to use it the next time just to check if there is actually difference between the process time or not. Anyways thanks to you all one again for your help, I really appreciate it.

I want to do the same and I have tried both “iphoto” as well as “image capture” but then I have got the following response:
    • Image Capture- This app is saying "No Image Capture device connected"
    • iPhoto- This app is just not displaying the phone in the right bottom corner of the tool bar.

Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Yes this happens some time and it has happened to me as well but then just try to re-open iphoto for a couple of times and also try disconnecting the phone and then reconnecting it again and check out if it is showing in the menu or not. I had faced the same problem before and doing the above had solved the issue at that time. If you want then you can try out the same and see if it helps you as well. Best of luck.