Thread: How to do clean install of the windows 7 in the Sony VAIO FW

How to do clean install of the windows 7 in the Sony VAIO FW

As I’m using the Sony Vaio VGN-FW351J laptop but have recently bought the update for the windows 7 x64 bit. So for this I want to know that how can I clean install the windows 7 x64 bit into my laptop. can anyone help me out to guide me through this so that I can easily install the windows 7. As some of it say that the updated windows 7 drivers does not support the vaio VGN FW series. So I would like to know about this.

Re: How to do clean install of the windows 7 in the Sony VAIO FW

As far as I know it is just the false rumor that there is no such support for the Sony Vaio VGN-FW351J laptop drivers as I have downloaded it just weeks back. So I would tell you that don’t believe to all this rumors they are just false.

I want to know that as you have the clean install of the windows 7 in to your Sony Vaio VGN-FW351J laptop, but before I help you with the procedure I want to know what is the config of the laptop, as you have mentioned the series of the laptop but would like to know from you as you might have done any of the upgrade in to your laptop. So rather than searching for the config on the Google, I would like to know about the config from you.

My Sony Vaio VGN-FW351J laptop config are as follows:

Chipset PM45
    VidCard ATI HD 3470
    CPU: Centrino 2 C2D P8400 2.26 3MB Cache L2
    RAM: 3GB and will be upgrading to the 4 GB soon
    Wireless: WiFi Link 5100 AGN / Bluetooth: Broadcom
    Modem: conexant

As going through your config I must say that you can easily install the windows 7 into your laptop and I don’t think so installing the window 7 64 bit would be a issue.

Here are the steps you can try for installing the windows 7 into your Sony Vaio VGN-FW351J laptop

• First go to the windows 7 settings where you will find the update take the update for your sony vaio FW series
    • Now after doing this try to download the drivers by going to the Sony official website and download for the windows 7 64 bit drivers.
    • Now install it into your laptop.
    • After this check for the following:

I. Check for the Realtek Audio HD sound driver
    II. Check for the wireless LAN driver
    III. Check for the Modem driver
    IV. Check for the ATI video driver
    V. Check for the Touch Pad driver

If the following above drivers are installed properly then you have done with it or if not then try re-installing it again.

As doing this everything is working properly but the Fn functions keys ar not working. so for this I would like to know how to fix the issue for Fn function keys.

Even … doing this mine seems to have the same issue of the functions key are not working I tried re-installing the drivers several times but does not get installed. So for this I want to know am I installing the wrong drivers or is there other way of installation of the Fn function drivers

According to me if you have downloaded the correct drivers then it should get install it correctly without having any issues. But as if you are saying that the Fn functions keys does not work properly then you should try to download the drivers again from the Sony website see that you are downloading the appropriate drivers and same as your laptop series. Because I guess that the functions keys not working can be due to the wrong drivers downloaded and when installed do not show any response. So see that you download the proper function keys drivers for your laptop.