Thread: How to unscrew Sony Vaio FZ Laptop

How to unscrew Sony Vaio FZ Laptop

As I’m using the Sony Vaio FZ Laptop for my daily work but as it is been long time from the date I bought it I haven’t cleaned up my laptop and so this week off I want to dedicate some free time in cleaning up my laptop. but the thing is that I have never opened the laptop ever before. So can anyone guide me how to unscrew the laptop and what prevention should I take from causing internal damage. So for this I want your all help.

Re: How to unscrew Sony Vaio FZ Laptop

If you want to unscrew your laptop for cleaning purpose then you can open the screws from the back of the laptop and clean up your laptop.

Even I’m thinking of cleaning of the laptop as I clean the laptop every month but this time I want to clean the laptop internally, so that any internal dust present in the laptop can be cleaned and can prevent from any internal damages in the near future. But the thing is due to proper lack of knowledge I don’t want to take the risk of opening the laptop. Because I have seen with one of my friends trying to do the same but got the laptop damaged. So after seeing to his laptop, I don’t want to try myself without proper knowledge. So for this I want your help….

Even I’m thinking of cleaning of the laptop as I clean the laptop every month but this time I want to clean the laptop internally, so that any internal dust present in the laptop can be cleaned and can prevent from any internal damages in the near future. But the thing is due to proper lack of knowledge I don’t want to take the risk of opening the laptop. Because I have seen with one of my friends trying to do the same but got the laptop damaged. So after seeing to his laptop, I don’t want to try myself without proper knowledge. So for this I want your help….
    I think you should not try cleaning the laptop yourself as you are saying that you do not have the proper knowledge and in this if you try doing with this, I think you can get your laptop damage. So for this you should try to clean your laptop from any of the technical guy or it is better you let your laptop clean from the Sony guys as they know better than anyone.

If you want to clean your Sony VAIO Z laptop then follow the steps down here:-

• First thing you have to do is that unplug the laptop and turn your laptop so that it can be easy to open the screws of the laptop.
    • Be sure you place the laptop on any of the soft cloth, so that it can protect your laptop screen from getting it scratched
    • Now remove the battery from the laptop, and remove the screws from the laptop.
    • After doing this remove the lids from the hard drive and memory that cover them, and then remove the screws from the hard drive tilt it little left and remove it gently.
    • Now remove the optical drive screws which is seen below the drive.
    • Try removing the things one by one gently and if does not remove it properly then don’t stress it more as doing this can break the parts. So leave it as it is and try doing with other
    • But one thing you should remember while doing this is that you should note down from where you have taken out the screws and if possible draw the diagram or count it as it was.

CLEANING

• To clean the internal things with some cloth or some tissue paper.
    • Do not use the wet cloth or any solvent which might cause more damage as the internal parts are connected to circuit which runs on electricity. So avoid cleaning with any wet clothes.
    • Remove the fan and clean the fan properly.

After you finish with your cleaning place the parts back to its place where they were.

I want to ask you that can I use the blower for cleaning the internal devices so that it can be more quicker and clean it properly.

I want to ask you that can I use the blower for cleaning the internal devices so that it can be more quicker and clean it properly.
    If you want to clean the laptop with the blower then you can do it but it is better you should try cleaning with the piece of cloth as you can also clean it with the blower but doing this can break some wire points joined due to its high capacity of blowing out the air. So better to use the cloth instead of any dryer or blower.