Thread: to find hidden contacts in Apple iPhone 3GS

to find hidden contacts in Apple iPhone 3GS

i recently purchased apples 3GS smart phone and the made a download of map app and it came to my notice that there was a strange phenomenon when I made a search for a listing . there is no listing of contacts visible to me. i can find the same in the memory using the search feature. i don't have an idea why is it occurring so i would like to have a possible solution over it.

Re: to find hidden contacts in Apple iPhone 3GS

yes definitely. i can say in this case that you should try by adding them into a different contact group from the one you were making a view by default in contacts.

the other possible reason behind this can be mobile me. i think you should make an attempt by disabling mobile me contact sync from the phone and ensure when it asks what should be done with contacts on phone to have a deletion possible , you can then able to see the hidden contacts as they are stored in the phone and not on mobile me.to get back all your contacts you should turn on the mobile me contacts sync

my "hidden" contacts have automatically reappeared after i made a disable of sync contacts in my mobile me account . further the issue was solved for me and there could be the similar case if you make a try for the above process. so i want my contacts sync to my office PC by means of mobile me. is it able to do so.

there was no mobile me acct and was of the similar issue. i made a restore but same thing happened. there is no showing of contacts under the contacts list when i used the search function, the page to the left of the home screen. i suppose that they may be possibly on phone , but I don't have an idea about its exact location. after the addition of a contact by means of the contact icon, push the little green plus sign, and add it manually it will show up under the contacts, but if i make a try for saving something from resent calls or maps , it is unable to show up.

you will see a Group| icon which will be present on the top left when you open contacts. if this is the case then you should hit it and make sure you're in the right group. If you are syncing from any Exchange server, you will be able to see that group. Otherwise you will be able to see all the groups you have from your computer and you can select the right one or have a selection over All Contacts

i don't have an idea about the apps which i know for hiding specific contacts.i suppose there is no way to cut and paste anything as all contacts are stored in a database . the operating system determines the way how they are being synced to your phone.

i made a reinstall of everything as it was said by the Tech Sup. but i was unable to find the fix for this. I can make a search for the contacts and they are obviously on the phone so I was wondering if anyone knew where this folder is located so as to locate them.