Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Computer doesn't recognize BlackBerry after BB Desktop Manager update

Portable Devices

Old 23-12-2011

Computer doesn't recognize BlackBerry after BB Desktop Manager update

i have Bold 9700 and i just updted the BB Desktop Manager. after updating this lots of issues start with my computer. i found that some application and some files are removed from my BB. so for this i just uninstall the BB Desktop Manager from my computer, but now i cant my computer not recognize my BlackBerry. i tried many things to solve this but bothing useful. anyone else have this problem with you? what i made mistake? any idea to solve this problem?

Old 23-12-2011

Re: Computer doesn't recognize BlackBerry after BB Desktop Manager update

I bought a blackberry 9790 before 2 weeks. The first time I connected to my computer (I have a small laptop with no CD drive), it detected my BB Desktop Manager, allowing me to add some music, among other and this without having installed the Desktop Manager. Unfortunately, the second time I plugged in (and all other attempts so far) my computer did more dutout detected (although the USB cable still works since it charge my laptop when it is plugged into the computer). I started by downloading the Desktop Manager to install it since I have no CD, but this has not changed since I have the following message that appears when I run it: "Before begin, make sure the current BlackBerry device connected to the computer." I then tried to find a solution on different forum but nothing works, no matter what I face (reset the BB) my computer still does not detect my BB.
Old 23-12-2011

I had the same worries as you. And I think you must have a PC Netbook problem. In fact, when I bought my SD memory card on the net, I also buy a SD adapter. From there, I put the memory card into the adapter, then I put in my netbook. So it allowed me to transfer everything I wanted it (music, videos, themes, apps) and then install them directly on my BB. just try if this helps any.
Old 23-12-2011

did you put a memory card into the phone? I had the same problem that was solved little by putting a micro sd.
Old 23-12-2011

I too have this problem but for me I think this is due to the fact that I accidentally clicked on the "do not show this message" when I connect my BB on my PC. Anyone have an idea that I found the great question "do you want to share your data or make a mass storage" I do not know?
Old 23-12-2011

The computer does not recognize my BB and detects as external storage device (same as USB). For my part, I tried to contact BB person, I stayed very long time waiting on the phone without being able to get a receptionist to answer me. Like most of you, I chose this unit because it was primarily multi function and "sync" with the agenda of Outlook.
Old 23-12-2011

This is quite normal, you should not expect to something else. The second thing you should check is your recognition of the BB Desktop Manager. Still no worries, the BB syncs perfectly with Outlook 2003 if I'm not mistaken. RIM is not established in France, for Europe and certainly because of the language they are implemented in England.
Old 23-12-2011

The problem is the lack of recognition by BB Desktop Manager. It does the following message: "Before you begin, make sure your terminal BBY today is connected to the computer". I have tried to reinstall Desktop Manager from the CD that came with appariel but also suffer from the BB site. I grew also tried with my antivirus offline. Nothing worked which I've tried. I also found my vendor, but the only thing he can do is to send it for repair. I do not think my BB is defective.
Old 23-12-2011

It's actually quite rare but it can happen. To be sure you would have to test on another comp but this is not always obvious. Other question, what is the OS of your computer? if it is Windows Seven that mean it's crap, I know that many people have a problem with this OS and BB but it's not a generality.
Old 23-12-2011

I bought a 2nd USB cable for charging in the car and one day I wanted to use my BB with my PC by plugging the cable bought on the market. I did not need MUST use the cable that came with because it is specialized for data transfer. this is my small contribution.
Old 23-12-2011

completely uninstall DM from my computer, so when attached to the BB Windows tells me that the new unknown device, but I removed the microSD 9500, which is still recognized, but not terminal. When I reinstall the USB drivers DM device is not exhibited. In conclusion, also trying to completely uninstall the DM and BB to join us and know what is going on with Windows.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , , ,