Thread: upgradation of Sony Vaio VPC Z13 Lcd Panel

upgradation of Sony Vaio VPC Z13 Lcd Panel

i carry Sony Vaio VPC Z13 laptop and i recently replaced the hd+ panel, I faced a big problem and it came to my notice that there was no backlight on my brand new panel .after contacting the Laptop Screens guys they said that i fried up some SMD on the MoBo . is it the possible case. i don't have an idea about it. please help me in this issue.

Re: upgradation of Sony Vaio VPC Z13 Lcd Panel

hey guys, there are possible cases where there are problems regarding this and this might be because you should had blown the fuse on the motherboard. there are areas near the LCD connector where you might be able to see it. you can have a repair of it by other guys if you don't have any idea regarding that.

that could be possibly inverter or backlight problem by which you are resulting in this. and to state further, you should check for the magnetic switch. also by placing a neodymium magnet in front of it, you can further try to solve the issue.

to state further,i had a similar type of issue, and then made a replacement of the screen and disconnected it two times. it came to my notice that the FHD screens require additional power to display at the same brightness than the smaller screen. Smaller mesh due to the smaller pixels or related to it. the lone thing I can suppose is by clipping one of the wires on the VGA cable. They are very delicate to handle .You can fake putting the machine to sleep with a help of magnet. you can try by running a neodymium magnet across the lower part of the palm rest. make a note of one thing that there is no requirement of powerful magnet to do that .