Thread: How to use Conventional Headphones with Nokia Lumia 800

How to use Conventional Headphones with Nokia Lumia 800

I have recently bought the Nokia Lumia 800 smartphone. But i am really confused about which type of the headphones to use with my phone. Are conventional headphones providing better results when connected with the Nokia Lumia 800 or a normal headset could work?
    The Conventional Headphones comes with 3.5 mm Stereo jack having three connections. The headphones which I have got with the Lumia 800 is of 3.5 mm Stereo jack having four connections. I am thinking that will the use the Conventional Headphones will cause any kind of damage to the phone?
    I too want to connect my stereo to the phone using the headphone which I think will be a good idea as far as there is not a problem with the four connection jack.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated….

Re: How to use Conventional Headphones with Nokia Lumia 800

I too have purchased the Nokia Lumia 800 and i am using the Normal Headphones which I got with my Nokia Lumia 800 since 1 month. I would like to tell you that the Headphones are working smoothly without causing any harm to my phone's input jack.
    You can try with the normal headphones if you want.….

I have understood your question very well and think you are not wrong because the conventional headphones has three connections whereas the normal headphones has four connections. And the fourth connection is for the in-line remote or the mic connection.
    I will be happy to share the information with you that you can use the normal headphones to connect to your Nokia Lumia 800 without any issue. And also it is possible to use the output jack of the headphones which connects to your phone and then to the stereo. You can enjoy playing the music without any issues.

Thank you so much for the above comment. It was really very useful for me as I am too having the Nokia Lumia 800. My doubts relating to the Conventional Headphones and the Normal Headphones are now cleared….