Thread: How to Activate Gmail on BlackBerry Bold 9790

How to Activate Gmail on BlackBerry Bold 9790

Anyone have any idea how can i activate gmail account in my new 9790. actually i just newly buy BB phone and i just want to know how can i activate gmail in this. i tried many things but i cant be able to do this. its giving my ome problem. so anyone have any idea about this? and i actually want to know correctly because this is my first ever BlackBerry phone. so please provide me simple and easy information for this.

Re: How to Activate Gmail on BlackBerry Bold 9790

I have a problem with the setup of my GMAIL account on BB Bold 9790. A few days ago I inserted a new SIM card from another provider in order to verify if the phone was "locked" with the current provider or not. The phone is not blocked and it is seemed to work properly. I have not tried to download / sync my mail. Since I re-insert the original SIM that can no more synchronize it' to activate the GMAIL account. When I go to the SETUP section - EMAIL ACCOUNTS - INTERNET MAIL ACCOUNT happens:

1. message "checking for updates ..."
    2. message "connecting to email settings ..."
    3. Screenshot activation email with message "To activate email on your BlackBerry device, type the password for your email address (eg)", gmail already 'reported and not editable, and an editable field where you enter the password. And of course the button activate
    4. Enter the password correctly
    5. message "Processing, please wait..."
    6. error message "Sorry, unable to continue your session. Please login again"

So far I've tried everything, including hard reset (removing battery and hard reset without SIM card. One person told me that the activation and GMAIL linked to the SIM, so I should probably activate the account with the other SIM I had tried and then re-activate it with my SIM?

i think its just because of the BlackBerry disruption. so in this case you just have to wait for some time, and try this after some time. i also have experiense the same and after some time i successfully setup my gmaiul account. so please wait for some time and try after some time.

I changed Blackberry, keeping the same operator and number. I transferred the data from the old Blackberry, it works fine except push mail. I go to Setup - email accounts - Internet email account to reconfigure my gmail account, but tells me that if I want to set up the first email I just need to login. i log in and asks me for a username and password that I do not know (I tried with the user and I have passwords for blackberry app world but it is not that one).

To create a new account its asks for IMEI and pin device. When I click on "Continue" I get an error message "Unable to create an account: Account already exists for this BlackBerry device" Then I do the recovery password, enter PIN and I get the message: "Your password has been sent to your BlackBerry device" but there comes no password on my phone. What should I do? I called a thousand times and I get to say things more disparate, even I have not the right option turned on, and I invented the name of an option does not exist, then bouncing to another number to call.

there is one gmail setup available for BB phones. just search for that and try that. this may be helpful for you. actually i dont remember the name but i previously tried this and help me to setup my gmail account in my earlier BB mobile. so you just try and let me know the responce.