Thread: blackberry bold 9790 screen is made of plastic is it good or bad

blackberry bold 9790 screen is made of plastic is it good or bad

I just saw preview and picture of blackberry bold 9790 I noticed that it has plastic screen like other blackberry phones such 9850 and 9860. I just want to ask that is it good or bad to have plastic screen?

re: blackberry bold 9790 screen is made of plastic is it good or bad

Yes, the screen is made of plastic and I think that it’s really good it make the phone lighter and stronger. And if it would be of glass then there would be risk breaking.

Even I think that it is good to have plastic screen as the whole thing that is screen and body are made of polycarbonate makes it impact and resistant. And it is used for plastic lenses for glasses it won’t shatter like glass. And if it has plastic resistant coating like plastic lenses I would won’t worry about material. In fact I would love polycarbonate resistant glass material.

I don’t think that it good because the problem is that the plastic get’s scratch eventually. Does not matter that it has scratch resistant. And it’s thin so screen protection is necessary.

According to me it’s good, the screen that is fitted on the phone is finished with scratch resisting coating that helps from preventing scratches for the life time courses. The screen can display resolution of 480x360 pixels which is impressive considering its 2.45 screen. You can enjoy responsive touch, smooth rendering and fluid animation.
    It consist 16 million colors support (24 bit), captive touch screen and optical touch pad which makes the phone very impressive.

I don’t think that it’s good to have plastic screen even it has screen protector because plastic screen will get scratch often. And if I want to have buy blackberry phone I will go with blackberry 9900 because it is any times better than blackberry bold 9790 such as it shoots high resolution HD 720p, around 80% higher resolution screen that is 480x640 and 30% large screen. Plastic screen is really not acceptable.

How can I protect the screen from scratches is there any starch guard available in market or any body protector available. Please suggest me if their is any or u use any.

No scratch guard available in market yet for blackberry bold 9790. But I put the scratch guard of 9300 cutting from one side and now the scratch guard looks like it was made for bold 9790. But you have to do the cutting part with the proper judgment. And If you want body protector then I will suggest you ARMOR CARBON FIBER which comes three colors red, black and white.

No the plastic screen is not at all trustable. The touch pad of black berry bold is not good. The touchpad feels little bit that it might fall off. And the touch pad fell little clicky. The touch pad is funny……..