Thread: Can I update ice cream sandwich in LG nitro HD

Can I update ice cream sandwich in LG nitro HD

HI, I am having LG nitro HD phone and I don’t know exactly which version of android is installed currently but still I am looking to install the newer one which I have mentioned in the title.

I am not sure whether the update will be available or not, but still looking at the hardware specification of the phone it seems like the phone will surely support that firmware update. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Can I update ice cream sandwich in LG nitro HD

Have you ever get notification in your phone regarding the firmware update? If not then it is quite difficult to make out whether the firmware update will be available for downloading or not. In fact it would be better if you simply wait till some official news gets out.

Have you ever been notified in your phone regarding the firmware update? If not then it is quite difficult to make out whether the firmware update will be available for downloading or not. In fact it would be better if you simply wait till some official news gets out.
    Exactly I do have the same opinion as the above user but still as per GSMArena and Bell Mobility's website, this newer android’s Ice cream sandwich update will be obtainable to its' customers confirmed, no answer though as to what time. hope this clears it up a bit.

I would say the thing that comes up with the updates is you never know. From all of the phones listed for this update, the likely best ever one to get the ICS update would most likely be the Vivid based on HTC's speed at updating followed by the SGSII then skyrocket.

almost certainly the Nitro HD will also get the same update, in fact this phone was the last one to be listed over there. Given the things I've seen somewhere else with LG updating I wouldn't expect much, then again, you never in truth know with these things.

HI, I am having LG nitro HD phone and I don’t know exactly which version of android is installed currently but still I am looking to install the newer one which I have mentioned in the title.

I am not sure whether the update will be available or not, but still looking at the hardware specification of the phone it seems like the phone will surely support that firmware update. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    Though I have same opinion as the above user but still you can another option to make out whether the firmware is available or not for the phone you have. That’s how, you need to simply check on their official web site regarding the same, as they will surely update this thing over there to make people know about the newer firmware.

Though I have same opinion as the above user but still you can another option to make out whether the firmware is available or not for the phone you have. That’s how, you need to simply check on their official web site regarding the same, as they will surely update this thing over there to make people know about the newer firmware.
    You can have another option as well, you must have heard about the OTA update for the phone. Because see through that way you at least determine whether the update is available or not. And after that you can simply update it through your PC. You have to search for the update through your mobile itself and see whether it gives you any notification about the same or not.

I am not sure about the same but still if you really wanted to know about the same then it would be better to contact the service center and ask about the same. Because the thing is like you’ll get the précised information regarding the same from there only, otherwise I don’t believe as any website can make you available this information.

Though it might be possible as the device could get this update but still I personally believes as If suppose this phone will be just unlocked and able to boot into CWM recovery, it wouldn't be excessively inflexible to inducement some devs with devices to obtain a number of good ICS-based ROMs, according to me own opinion. The Nexus S ICS ROMs have been pretty overwhelming, thus far, and that is with them still based on the 2.6.35 kernel but Honestly, Samsung's gotten MUCH faster at updating..