Thread: Acid3 Test and HTML5 Test on LG Nitro HD

Acid3 Test and HTML5 Test on LG Nitro HD

Hi, I am about to buy this LG nitro for myself but still I have heard that there are certain tests regarding the mobiles that what I have mentioned in the title. But still I am not sure what does that mean? Please let me know what is the result for the this LG nitro H? any suggestion will be appreciated.

re: Acid3 Test and HTML5 Test on LG Nitro HD

I have heard that Acid3 test is a web test page from the Web Standards Project that make sure a web browser's conformity with fundamentals of a variety of web standards, mainly the Document Object Model that’s known as DOM and JavaScript.

I have heard that Acid3 test is a web test page from the Web Standards Project that make sure a web browser's conformity with fundamentals of a variety of web standards, mainly the Document Object Model that’s known as DOM and JavaScript.
    I am completely agree with the above user, in fact I have heard that we can simply do the test on our own as well. I mean to say whenever we test the mobile and if suppose the test is successful, the results of the Acid3 examination will display a slowly increasing fraction counter with colored rectangles in the surroundings. And moreover to this you’ll get the percentage that will be displayed on the screen as well.

As far as I know the mobile that you have mentioned is been rated as 94 out of 100 for the acid3 test and as far as HTML test is concerned it has gotten 177 +1 bonus point out of 450test.

as far as I know the mobile that you have mentioned is been rated as 94 out of 100 for the acid3 test and as far as HTML test is concerned it has gotten 177 +1 bonus point out of 450test.
    Thanks for the suggestion, in fact it was quite good to hear but still the thing that made me confused is like I personally believes as rendering of pages and its content almost depends on the browser and its potential.

In other words I could say all this thing must rely on the browsers that we used, and not matter what phone we have. So how the test should be done on any particular phone? For example if suppose I don’t have the phone that I have mentioned but the one which is less costlier than this one…and in fact that phone supports the same browser as what nitro H supports. So both the phone can open almost all the website, isn’t it? What is the test over here?

Thanks for the suggestion, in fact it was quite good to hear but still the thing that made me confused is like I personally believes as rendering of pages and its content almost depends on the browser and its potential.

In other words I could say all this thing must rely on the browsers that we used, and not matter what phone we have. So how the test should be done on any particular phone? For example if suppose I don’t have the phone that I have mentioned but the one which is less costlier than this one…and in fact that phone supports the same browser as what nitro H supports. So both the phone can open almost all the website, isn’t it? What is the test over here?
    See I would say you are right in fact according me the test should be done using the browsers itself. And off course you’ll get the different result on different browser. See I have mentioned the results using different browser.

Dolphin Browser HD:
    94/100, 177 +1

Stock Browser:
    94/100, 177 +1

Firefox Beta (v9.0):
    100/100, 314 +9

Re: Acid3 Test and HTML5 Test on LG Nitro HD

Exactly, according to me this is purely dependable on the browser that we use. In fact see I have gotten Opera Mobile gets 100/100 on acid and 285+9 on HTML5 test. Thus it seems like it Feels a lot smoother than Firefox too in my opinion.