Thread: Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 GPS is not working.

Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 GPS is not working.

i travel along long distances and therefore to find the location i require the use of GPs navigation ans i am able to locate places in an easy manner. but recently i found that my GPS on navigation of Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 doesn't seem to be working . i made a downloaded of the gps app but that doesn't seem to pick it up . i don't know what it going wrong. i am completely unaware of it. anyone knowing it can help in this issue.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 GPS is not working.

i can provide some information regarding this and this will help in solving your issue. i can say further in this issue as the only real GPS dead zones are underground and there are rare instances when your time and date are unable to synchronize with that of the GPS satellite. you should make attempt to enable GPS in settings .

in my case i would like to say that when i have no data i never got Google maps to locate myself, where I was. means you should have a data connection at the time of using some apps

you should have a back up of your stuff and make an attempt to have a hard reset to make sure an app isn't causing the problem. If it fixes for you , make a addition of the apps back slowly by trying gps after having each install so that you are able to see which app caused that problem. the other solution to this i will provide you is that, encrypting the data caused GPS to stop working. and after decrypting internal and sd card both , GPS was tending to resume its working. you can get across some hint or you will have a basic idea regarding this after this solution..

according to me the GPS bug is just annoying, if you contain an airplane mode widget on one of your home screens then there is indeed a quick and easy fix. try with this. i can get ti this as there was a instance of failing of my GPS. but after that i went into airplane mode, then turned it back off restoring my wireless connections. afterwards i just turned GPS OFF and had a wait for some time and found that it was on. simply great. there is no problem of my GPS deactivating till now.

in my case, I'm making use of the Samsung Infuse car dock which has been proved to be pretty useful . i made an attempt of the back up and factory reset and it will work in your case , if not, see if they'll swap out a new one at Sprint. there are in complains regarding my GPS and just encountered some problem when i lost the signal . there was no problem and just needed to take it out of the TPU case .

to further conclude, there is a connection of data and GPS makes use of it. to get and use location services and maps , there is a requirement of a data stream .On a phone it makes use of cellular or wifi but on an ipod style device or the galaxy player it requires wifi.it will never work in ths case where there is no Wi FI unless you make some modification of your gps config files ; which is something i learned when attempting to get the Acer Iconia GPS to work. i can surely say that by turning on the wifi will work.

the right kind of app will help you in this case with no need of a wifi connection and there will be a another working of your Galaxy Player . I make use of Sygic but there are carious others to try. have a download of maps from Sygic to your player so as to make them available on your device. Works fine on my 5" Galaxy Player. in addition to this, there are apps like speedometers which make use of the GPS and there is a fine working without a wifi connection.

there were no problems experienced with GPS in my case. there will be connection according to your area and when you make use of Sygic it will work fine. make use of pre recorded areas in Google Maps when you require. there is no need for Wi Fi for this.

further stating and relation g to the problem , i would like to say that there is working of the GPS technology perfectly fine with no data connection. but data connection is not necessary in this case.

Data connection are needed by some navigation software for the reason they need to download the maps or for some other reason. you can consider the case with Google navigation .But you can make use of a software where there is no requirement of data connection and store all its map on the device and make use of the GPS signal to have a fix for it.