Thread: Nokia N8: System error after camera update

Nokia N8: System error after camera update

I have recently bought a Nokia N8 smartphone and I have updated it with the Symbian Anna version. I also updated the Camera with the Beta Labs Camera because I knew the additional features of the Beta Labs. But the problem is that by updating I have lost my access to the Camera. Whenever I start the camera a “System Error “ is thrown. Does anybody knows what is the problem? Anybody please suggest what to do in-order to start my camera again…

Re: Nokia N8: System error after camera update

I am too having the Nokia N8 smartphone and I have done the same mistake of updating the Anna + Beta labs camera. I was going to install my smartphone.Then, One of my friend suggested me that there is no need to re-install the phone. Just simply re install the Update of your camera and again re-boot the device. I was surprised to see that, by following his comments my camera started again. And now it is not showing any system errors.

Really appreciated by your comment...Thanks a lot, you know today I was going to re-install my Nokia N8. But I just read your comment and my issue was solved. I too updated my Nokia N8. I have to just say why don’t the Nokia gives the prior information to their customers about this problem.

The reason behind these errors are that the update of the camera is still a experimental software of Nokia. I have visited the beta labs website for the solution of this problem but I could hardly found one or two comments related to this topic….

This beta version has just finished my camera application. The camera is not working anymore……
    When I start the application it shows the “System Error”. I myself has finished the camera application by updating it to beta Labs.

If you want to run your Camera application again to normal the n just install the CameraPro application. Believe me...It works.I have done this too. Now no more problem with the Camera application. I can take the clicks with the good image quality and the images are also too clear...

Thanks For the comment… I m too stuck with this camera update problem since I have updated it to beta...The updated beta version is the cause for the system error in the camera application in Nokia N8. The Nokia should at least now give the debugging methods to solve this problem. Thus, I will follow your steps. Thank you so much again….