Thread: Unable to install Nokia N8 complete theme

Unable to install Nokia N8 complete theme

I have purchased two cell phones of Nokia N8 series. The first N8 has been updated to the Symbian Anna. After updating to Anna the cell has two “island” themes installed in it. Two of the one looks like it was appearing before, and the one which is new contains a coffee cup icon at the right side of the theme has different types of the icons in the menu. I don’t know about this coffee cup icon? Why did the icon appearance if the menu changed?
    The cell phone of the N8 which was updated to Symbian Anna Version does not show the appearance of such icons even after it is updated to the Anna. Why is it so? Can anyone knows how to get such different types of the icons in my new Nokia N8 ? Can anybody tell me from where do I get such theme? Any suggestions would really help…

Re: Unable to install Nokia N8 complete theme

Good Question… Your question has really confused me to think more on the themes. I too have the Nokia N8 cell phone. As I am also the newbie to this phone, I am too in search of such themes that would change the icon appearance of the menus. I searched too much on the Internet to install such themes, but it is not showing such results. I even searched on the Nokia OVI store, but it was unable to find such theme. Any suggestions about how to install such theme?

Is there any procedure to copy the theme file on one phone and later on copy that file to the another phone? The search for the new set of theme icons is on but I don’t think so that the Nokia’s OVI has got such…

I have Understood your question well and would like to share some information with you all guys. Lets say you have one theme for example. Island installed on your phone before you update your phone then the old theme which was installed prior to the update will not allow you to change the set of icons appearance even after the update. Even if you update your phone you will not be able to see the new icons. I will give you the solution to solve this problem. Simply follow these steps:-

• Go to the Menu of your phone
    • Tap on the Settings option
    • Select the Themes option
    • Tap on the General option and select the other Island theme pack.

This will give your menu appearance and the icons a new look.

Sometimes it happens that you see both the old and the new icons on the screen. This is because of the lack of your update application packages.You can solve this problem by just downloading the update packages through the OVI.