Thread: Which GPS map and navigation do you use on Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0

Which GPS map and navigation do you use on Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0

I recently heard about a new device called Samsung Galaxy Player 5 and it looks very similar to the iPod touch device. This player comes with Android 2.3 version and has wifi and other connectivities but there is no phone connectivity. So, can anyone tell me whether I will be able to use google maps or else any other gps map or navigation in this device? Thanks for taking time and answering my question.

Re: Which GPS map and navigation do you use on Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0

I also recently saw this new device called Samsung Galaxy Player. Anyways, I have checked in the Google Maps software that there is an option to enable Pre-cache map data when you go to Labs. It seems that it will precache the map data when you are on your route while travelling. I did not test it but you can try it for sure. It also seems to use the nerby know hotspots to let you know the approximate location.

Re: Which GPS map and navigation do you use on Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0

There are many GPS navigation apps available for android device, one such is called Navigon. With NAVIGON you can transform your Android device into a fully functional mobile navigation system. The On-board navigation doesnt even uses any data transfer or roaming charges, for example, for route calculation or map displays. You can easily download this software from the Google Market place and install it in your device.

The thing is after you pre-cache the map data then it will download the maps that you will need for the route while you are still on wifi or if you have any service. Once it is downloaded then you will not get the blurry squares with different color when you run to the end of the map and you also dont have to use the service to download the next one.