Thread: How to stop Media Scanner running all the time in LG Nitro HD

How to stop Media Scanner running all the time in LG Nitro HD

Hi friends I am using LG Nitro HD mobile phone. In my mobile phone I have android 2.3.5 and I like this device. The only problem media scanner in my mobile phone never stops. Normally it stops after some time whenever I restart the device. Is there any thing wrong with the LG Nitro HD mobile phone or something else is causing this problem?

Re: How to stop Media Scanner running all the time in LG Nitro HD

I think you should remove the SD card from your LG Nitro HD mobile phone and after removing the SD card from your mobile phone you have to insert it again and after inserting the SD card again in your LG Nitro HD mobile phone you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not. as far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

Have you tried different SD card with your LG Nitro HD mobile phone? If you have not tried any other SD card with your mobile phone then you should remove the SD card from your mobile phone and after removing the SD card from your mobile phone you have to insert any other SD card and then you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not. if you get the same problem with other SD card also then problem is with the LG Nitro HD mobile phone and if you don’t get the same problem with the other SD card then there might be issue with your SD card only.

Try this trick so that you can understand exact issue.

If problem occurs with your SD card only then you should first remove the SD card from your device and then take the backup of all the data from your device. After doing that you have to format the SD card. after formatting the SD card you have to insert the SD card in your LG Nitro HD mobile phone again and after inserting the SD card you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not.

If this problem has started after copying any files in your SD card then you should delete that files from your SD card and after removing that you have to restart the LG Nitro HD mobile phone and after restarting the LG Nitro HD mobile phone you have to check whether it makes any difference or not.

You should try rescan media root application in your LG nitro HD. I was also having the same issuer with my device also and after that I have installed the rescan media root application in my device which allows me to disable the media scan. I am telling you this because if you are using SD card with high storage capacity like 16GB cards then whenever you take new pictures or any media stuffs after that media scanner will run and it will slow down your device and that is why rescan media root helps you to fix this problem.

Try this solution and then let me know what the result is.

If you want to download the rescan media root application in your Nitro then you have to first open the android market from your mobile phone and then you have to search for the rescan media root and then install it in your device and after installing that in your device you have to check whether your problem get solved or not.

I have tried to solve this problem by formatting the SD card and then inserting it back in my LG Nitro HD mobile phone but after trying that also I was facing this problem. Now after that I have also tried different application in my LG Nitro HD mobile phone but that does not help to fix this issue.

When I have insert any other SD card in my device at that time I get same problem also. Now please tell me what I should do to sole this problem.

You have mentioned that with other device also you are facing same problem and that is why you should take the backup of all the data from your mobile phone and then you have to reset the LG Nitro HD mobile phone. After resetting the LG Nitro HD mobile phone you have to check whether media scanner is causing the same issue or not. As far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

To reset the LG Nitro HD mobile phone you have to follow these steps.

• First you have to turn off the LG Nitro HD mobile phone.
    • After that you have to press volume decrease key and power key together.
    • Now you have to select the yes option to delete the user data.
    • After doing that you have to press menu key to reboot the system.
    • After doing that your problem will get solved.

If resetting the LG Nitro HD mobile phone also if you are facing problem with the media scanning then I will suggest you to contact the LG service center and then you have to ask for the solution regarding your problem and then they will give you solution. After trying this solution your problem might get solved.

I have referred your reply and after referring your replies I have performed factory reset in my LG Nitro HD mobile phone and after resetting the device when I checked the mobile phone at that time all the thing were working properly. Thank you so much for your help.