Thread: What should I do if my laptop’s power button is sunk in?

What should I do if my laptop’s power button is sunk in?

I am not getting what exactly happened. I have a dell laptop from past 1 year and I make rough use of it. I never faced any hardware or software problem in it but later on I noticed something unusual changes happening with my power button. Initially it gradually sunk in, I took it lightly but now I found that It have sunk completely. Now I am unable to turn on my laptop at all. Is there any alternate solution where I can turn on my laptop? If not then what I will have to do?

Re: What should I do if my laptop’s power button is sunk in?

Laptops are precious electronic products that should never be taken for granted. If you try to experiment or do some kind of trial and error method along with the advantage you might also have to face the consequences. So no need to search out for other alternate solution instead you can contact dell’s service center and get it repaired.

Even I would suggest you to contact the service center. But if you are a professional you can open up our laptop and fix the button if there is a problem with the button fixation and if the button is broken then again I would suggest you to contact the service center.

That’s a good option to disassemble the laptop and fix the button but I think I would prefer to call service center as my laptop is in warranty so why to break my head or take such a big risk to fix it. In fact, if I proceed to disassemble my machine, then what if I create some other issue? The other expert person can automatically make it out. So it’s better to keep the laptop untouched and try out the alternate way.