Thread: how to restore Samsung Galaxy Nexus to Stock V2

how to restore Samsung Galaxy Nexus to Stock V2

Hello Freind, i have recently purchased the Samsung Galaxy Nexus smartphone and now it gives problem when performing different task on it. After reading few articles, i decided to restore phone to stock V2. I need some interesting process that gives details about it. Can any Galaxy nexus user already do this task? If yes, please share your experience. I'm waiting for it.

Re: how to restore Samsung Galaxy Nexus to Stock V2

FOr doing this simple process, you can apply below instructions. This is well for you to fix such complicated troubles.
    • USe CWM application and perform android setting Backup with this phone.
    • DOwnload and extract stock V2 file on your phone. Also extract Google Image content.
    • DOwnload and move content of fastboot on simialr stock v2 folder.
    • Start smartphone with the Bootloader mode.
    • Use Samsung PC suite and Connect your phone to laptop.
    • Use Command Prompt on windows based laptop and execute suitable fastboot command.
    • In linux or Mac OS X based system use appropriate command for similar process.
    • Finally Lock the bootloader and Reboot your smartphone.
    • That's it. You got stock V2 rom on your smartphone.

In this process, at initial stage, backup current date and setting process is being performed. In that stage, CWM is helpful for doing this backup task on android phone. This is necessary to perform it at initial stage. WIth the help of this process, we can restore mobile phone setting if some thing goes wrong on this phone. Restore in future is only main motive behind it. Hence use external storage devices for this process.

You can also take help of the flash the stock V2 data recovery using "fastboot flash recovery recover.img". This is also workful for getting best result with such smartphone. Flashing on your current mobile phone also beneficial for getting the stock v2 Rom on it. hence apply simple process and don't forget to take backup of current setting.

Quote Originally Posted by CassandraD View Post
    You can also take help of the flash the stock V2 data recovery using "fastboot flash recovery recover.img". This is also workful for getting best result with such smartphone. Flashing on your current mobile phone also beneficial for getting the stock v2 Rom on it. hence apply simple process and don't forget to take backup of current setting.
    when you say stock you mean your phone is unrooted. In that situations, you can can't able to use the superuser, or root, permissions of the Linux-based OS. Hence possible, then try to avoid such complicated process. This is not helpful for security purpose. WHile the unrooting is being works at initial stage. Hence if possible then use this phone with the rooting stage. This is well for phone performance. Its my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaganvihari View Post
    when you say stock you mean your phone is unrooted. In that situations, you can can't able to use the superuser, or root, permissions of the Linux-based OS. Hence possible, then try to avoid such complicated process. This is not helpful for security purpose. WHile the unrooting is being works at initial stage. Hence if possible then use this phone with the rooting stage. This is well for phone performance. Its my opinion.
    I don't think that there is any harmful things happen on it. If i follow proper instructions that mentioned on aboue post, its really helpful for me. i already did backup process on it. Hence hope that it helpful in future. Thanks buddy for such wonderful suggestions. It really amazing for my phone.