Thread: worst signal on the GNex compared to other VZW phones of Samsung Galaxy Nexus

worst signal on the GNex compared to other VZW phones of Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Samsung Galaxy Nexus i purchased last week. Must say that this is well for performing internet surfing and playing video games on it. Now i realize that its GNex phone contains worst signal as compared to the VZW phones. I try to used both phones wifi connection on same place. Got different result and in that GNex is week compared with the VZW phones. If anyone experience it, please describe more things about it. Thanks for any such help.

Re: worst signal on the GNex compared to other VZW phones of Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Last week, Verizon finally released the Samsung Galaxy Nexus on its 4G LTE network. i also realized that this is well for wireless connectivity purpose. i purchase it and got some interesting type of results on it. I stay in California and must mention here that it never gives any kind of weak signal problem in last one week. This is well for me and i think you can also like its performance.

Re: worst signal on the GNex compared to other VZW phones of Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Yes, i also realized this thing on my mobile phone. when i try to made 3G or 4G connections with GNex, it comes up with weak signal. I don't know that how is this happen but i need to fix this kind of complex issue. Thanks for any such help to fix this weak signal problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Aalap View Post
    Yes, i also realized this thing on my mobile phone. when i try to made 3G or 4G connections with GNex, it comes up with weak signal. I don't know that how is this happen but i need to fix this kind of complex issue. Thanks for any such help to fix this weak signal problem.
    In that situations, you can simply try to perform software update task on it. This is well for you to solve this problem by using the online software update task on mobile phone. official android site provides facility on it. In setting menu, there is update option present. You can use it and check its output. I hope it works to fix your weak signal problem.

Rebooting mobile phone can also be the beneficial for the mobile phone. Hence i would be recommend to simply perform mobile phone reboot task during this weak signal problem. Use Power button here to perform this reboot process. This is well for getting output at initial stage by doing such rebooting task.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahalingam View Post
    Rebooting mobile phone can also be the beneficial for the mobile phone. Hence i would be recommend to simply perform mobile phone reboot task during this weak signal problem. Use Power button here to perform this reboot process. This is well for getting output at initial stage by doing such rebooting task.
    If you found that the VZW network is being best for making the connnectivity, then i would be say that simply use it for doing any such kind of process on your system. Try it by accessing the VZW network instead of this Gnex network on your mobile phone. It definately helpful to get the proepr result on this smartphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha View Post
    If you found that the VZW network is being best for making the connnectivity, then i would be say that simply use it for doing any such kind of process on your system. Try it by accessing the VZW network instead of this Gnex network on your mobile phone. It definately helpful to get the proepr result on this smartphone.
    Use online site here such as speedtest.net for accessing real speed and signal stregth on your phone. It describes more often the basic reason and solutions over this issue. Galaxy Nexus smartphone also reporting its signal strength under “About->Status”. Use it if you want some inbuilt options. This is well for gettign real value of such speed and the signal of the network.

I must think the smartphone is only reading your signal wrong. but in actual case, it provides better speed with this GNex network. I used same network on my Galaxy Nexus phone and must mention here that this is well for high speed process. With the help of “About->Status->Signal Strength" option, i found its speed is great compared with the other network. Hence because of weak signal we can't think this phone is not work well with GNex network.

That's really inresting discussions happens here. As per mentioned that this GNex gives better speed but still i don't link to use it now. Reason is simple, i need continous strong signal for such wireless connectivity. I hope that software update also works to improve its signal strength. SO, i decided to use the VZW network on my phone.