Thread: Plantronics Back Beat 903 headset gives poor sound quality on MacBook Pro

Plantronics Back Beat 903 headset gives poor sound quality on MacBook Pro

Just bought this wonderful Plantronics Back Beat 903 Bluetooth headset for my iPod and MacBook Pro, but I am having some problem with the headset while using it with the MacBook pro now it works perfect with the iPod but somehow on the MacPro it give me terrible sounds like on the AM radio is there something wrong with the way I am pairing the headset cause I am sure there is no problem with the headset and for that matter even with the pro the is there anyone here can suggest me how can I be able to get this thing work with my laptop I would be really appreciating that

Re: Plantronics Back Beat 903 headset gives poor sound quality on MacBook Pro

For all of this I can only can figure out that It perhaps be that the problem with the built in Bluetooth which do not support the audio, hands free as well as the A2DP profile. If it works on another device , it may be a profile not there on your MACBOOK PRO. It will be better that you should contact the apple representative to get help on this issue

I am not sure this will help or not what I suggest you is
    • Go to sound settings then to the output Tab
    • There you will find the Bluetooth Profile
      Code:
      PLT_BB903/+Stereo   
      PLT_BB903/+
    • Select the first one to listen the music on your device

Hope this will help you

What I suggest is
    • Go to the system preferences
    • Over there to the Bluetooth option
    • Select your headset and hit the gear icon at the end of screen
    • There will be two option Stereo and mono
    • Select the stereo

I had to do the similar problem with my Jabra Stone this solve the problem

Hi guys can any one here help me on this I am unable to pair Plantronics Back Beat 903 Bluetooth headset with my MacBook Pro I would be really glad to know this as this is really very irritating I am trying it for some and I just don’t want to give up such a beautiful headset

Hey there might be Hugh possibility that the Bluetooth on either of one might be not functional that might be the reason that you might be facing this not pairing issue on your device just check the both device Bluetooth whether it’s working or not

Quote Originally Posted by Kamalaa View Post
    Hey there might be Hugh possibility that the Bluetooth on either of one might be not functional that might be the reason that you might be facing this not pairing issue on your device just check the both device Bluetooth whether it’s working or not
    Yeah I have checked the Bluetooth on the both the device which are working perfectly will like Plantronics Back Beat 903 headset can pair and work fantastically with my iPhone 4S and I am using the magic Trackpad with my MacBook on the Bluetooth so I am pretty sure that its working ok it just this both device that is not able to pair with each other please guys I really need some help here I would really appreciate this thanks

I had same problem once and the simple solution to this would be just turn off the file sharing option just go to the setting on their click the Bluetooth option click the file sharing check box after that you try to pair the device that would certainly do the trick for you

i hope this might help
    1. First you shut off the Backbeat device
    2. Go to the preference then Select Bluetooth
    3. Click the plus (+) sign to add fresh device
    4. While you laptop is searching for fresh devices you keep hold the power button on the backbeat for some time

Hey guys I am planning to get this Bluetooth device for my imac and want to know this is this device work ok with the iMac I would very glad to know this as I am planning to use this device to listing the musing as well as to make conversation with the Skype I would be really glad to know this thanks

I have recently bought this headset and all I like to say is the use of the Plantronics Back Beat 903 headset with it in my MAC OSX 10.6.8 still been a messed. With the Skype its always freeze, stop, make the MAC sound configuration to stop the Bluetooth headphones but with another application all just works fine