Thread: Mini Mac unable to detect Magic Trackpad via Bluetooth

Mini Mac unable to detect Magic Trackpad via Bluetooth

Hi guys
    I am really frustrated by this , today I bought the new Magic Trackpad for my Mini Mac pc . Installed it with the latest updated drivers and but now when I am Turing it on it just showing me

Code:

waiting for a Bluetooth Trackpad to be discovered
    If your Bluetooth Trackpad doesn't appear, make sure it has batteries and is turned on.
    No Trackpad found
    Searching
    I did everything right launch system preference and then go to the Trackpad pane but it is somehow unable to connect to the pc I am using the Mac OS X 10.6.4 and I am pretty sure that the Bluetooth on the Mini Mac is perfectly working as I am using the wireless Bluetooth keyboard which working just fine so can anyone here suggest me anything on this I would be glad to know this

Thanks

Re: Mini Mac unable to detect Magic Trackpad via Bluetooth

Hey I am having the exact the same problem I am using the MAC OS X 10.6.4 and I have done all the updates however I am unable to pair my newly purchased magig Trackpad on my pc .when on the preferences menu it says there is no Trackpad option I am unable to open to and start pairing my Trackpad with my Mac. Any suggestions?

I have the same problem and when I got the magic Trackpad update its all works okay for me now . While at the beginning when I first open the package i check for updates however got nothing, after that as on the handset with apple support I check over again then its showed up. I called about this to the Tech support and they have mentioned that it's probable that the first time i checked for updates i did not have the Trackpad active and that might be the cause no update was located .

Well I have came across the other way round solution for this problem . If you go into the Bluetooth section and over there to the preferences, you will see the new devices by clicking that it will find the new device named wireless mouse which make the Trackpad basic function to work. After that do the update for the software and a fresh update will now be located , install that and then restart the Mini Mac now all functions will work and there is now a Trackpad icon appears on the preferences. There is no mention of this technique on the instruction guide for the magic Trackpad but it works . Hopefully this will work

I was facing the same problem and this is what the apple support guy told me the problem was when I choose the Set Up Bluetooth Trackpad option in the Trackpad Preferences window its showed me no Trackpad found which actually means was that an additional Trackpad couldn't be establish . while all the tiem I was thinking that the Trackpad was not working it actually was working Of course, you need to make sure if your software is up to date and Trackpad is on .

I test my magic Trackpad few minutes ago on my MacBook with the just freshly installed and LION OX S but same problem. Unable to perform movements such as 2-finger scrolling natural or sweep through the pages, even though the boxes are checked, Finally I think this might be the hardware problem of the Trackpad. If someone already had this kind of "weird" or could help me I will be really glad. Thank you

This Is what happened with me When you connect the Magic Trackpad it found , but the functions of multiple fingers were not available. , I though there might be problem with the Bluetooth but after checking the Bluetooth paired on native Mac, doubts about the Bluetooth gone however ever After removing the USB Overdrive and LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage.kext, Magic Trackpad worked on the PC as well as the native Mac.

Hey I need to ask this so I connected the Magic Trackpad on my MacBook at work, which was working just fine but when I when I want to turn off Bluetooth and it won't turn off I delete the Magic Trackpad on the device list but I obtain the an error So is there anything that help me to force Bluetooth off?

Well I was also unable to pair the magic Trackpad on my mini mac but I did the simple thing just restart pc , remove the battery on the Trackpad just wait for some time and then put the battery back in and that it mine got paired and start working perfectly well

In my case the Magic Trackpad paired perfectly ok but I was not able to point or click so I just uninstall USB Overdrive then I restart the pc, now all the functions are working perfectly ok hopes this will help you