Thread: iSight not working with online Flash chat

iSight not working with online Flash chat

I just bought a MacBook Snow Leopard 10.6.2 and I can not start my isight to chat platforms available online. These sites use Adobe Flash Player to access my webcam, and when I want to turn on my cam a small parameter window of Adobe Flash Player opens to allow access to my camera and my microphone. I authorize access and nothing happens, my cam does not turn on. It never happened on the PC. I then thought that Adobe Flash Player is not installed on my Mac and I corrected it by installing it. But that does not change my problem. I do not know if Flash Player is installed because I can not find it in my applications.

Re: iSight not working with online Flash chat

No worries, you must select your iSight (USB Video Class Video) in the settings window: to get to this settings window, you have to do a secondary click in the black window and select "Settings".

I have exactly the same worries! Except that when I go to the settings I do not have "USB Video Class" but "isight intégérée" written in a strange way, with "c" in a round, well that's if someone with a idea how to solved this problem.

I try to run my cam on my MacBook Pro via a webcam, but when I receive the invitation to accept access to my cam, nothing happens I have a black screen and green LED does not light. Does anyone know this?

I found the solution. I installed an external webcam logitech, and I simply disconnected, and everything worked right behind!

have the problem not my isight in mbp that starts when I'm in a flash chat. The settings in the flash of my knowledge are correct after all (access etc.), only the Isight not start (not the usual green light on the cam when it starts.). I have 3 drivers to choose from: DV, Firewire, USB. tried all, but nothing, White no longer continue.

I think that certainly not going to work on a Mac or iSight. I've never heard anything. Do you have a sample site?

As long as the Flash / shockwave thing is it just works. Video and audio. You must first enable it (just turn the settings, right click the flash event) with java it should just work. But I do not use java chat because i really dont like it.