Thread: iSight camera not recognize

iSight camera not recognize

someone please help me in this? my isight camera not recognizing with Photo Booth, iChat and so on applications. anyone else have this kind of problem withthem? anyone have any solution for this? please if anyone found any solution which help to solve the problem than please provide me.

Re: iSight camera not recognize

I have problems with my Macbook iSight camera. It is simply not recognized by Macbook. I tried to activate it with different programs and they all tell me that "No Camera Connected." I start the Macbook Hardware Test by pressing D and its tells me that there were no problems but still not recognized. I reset the SMC by unplugging the power source, removing the battery and then pressing the power button for 5 seconds but not yet recognized.

I think since I got the latest update to Leopard, i got the problem. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not work. Even in the middle of a chat disconnects and leaves me hanging. I've been looking at possible solutions and web pages all I've done is try to reboot the PMU. I did and it worked again but not for long. i get idea from begining wheniget the computer, but i am not understand problem is with computer or with the update to leopard.

I got the camera to work after resetting the PMU. I have a 23" screen Apple and this time I have not connected when I restarted the computer again. This be the reason for the loss of functionality of the camera? I do not know but I think we should address the issue of the lack of proper operation, I think I will write to Apple to see what they say.

The iSight camera is out of the blue suddenly no longer recognized! Yesterday I made it to video chat with iChat, went without problems. And then I have in the year. Made a lot of snapshots with Photo Booth and many video conferencing with Skype!

Since the problem does not seem to be on the operating system level, I had planned as the next step to reset the firmware. But there has been enough for me the PRAM and NVRAM reset, I already had to do it no more and now dont know whether to reset the firmware fixes the problem.

I'm going to try a few things, if it works then I probably do not need the dealer. I myself have no guarantee on my device which would cost me the repair or something then I can easily prove that the defect is not due to me (after all, I've never added to the device physical damage)? I've still got almost a year of Warranty.

So after nothing has helped the software side including the PRAM and VRAM reset, I now simply go through the area around the integrated camera and pressed gently around the MacBook screen. And behold, the camera works again, as if nothing had happened! What would you advise using now: Leave everything as it is? Or should I better open the frame around the screen and the contacts again take a close look at Or should I go to the nearest Apple dealer and let the check everything?

Skype and Photo Booth comes under the message: There is no camera connected. How do I test the camera or what program is this (maybe I deleted something wrong?).

the green light is on top of the display lid right next to the iSigth and lit only when the camera is used. Look in System Profiler, Apple>> About this Mac> more information now in the System Profiler under USB is the right iSigth listed. Just as it looks at you, what hardware is moderately defective.