Thread: When accessing the Voicemail Siri pop’s up on iPhone 4S

When accessing the Voicemail Siri pop’s up on iPhone 4S

Hi guys I have recently bought this new iPhone 4S phone really awesome phone and I like its features and all but I have one issue and as I am new to this phone I would really like some help on this the problem is whenever I access the my voice mail messages siri pop up and I have no idea why this is happing is there anyone who has this same problem I would really appreciate if anyone find me any solution I hope this is not any bug on the phone

Re: When accessing the Voicemail Siri pop’s up on iPhone 4S

Yeah I have the same problem when I try to listen my Voicemail messages. it occurs when I hit the play option to listen to the message and Siri get active and in turn shuts my message in progress this looks very odd to me and I suppose this should not be happen . can anyone provide me with any solution I would glad to know this thanks

I also have the same problem and apparently I found out that this only occur when I keep the phone up to my ear so I got an option that if you turn-on the speaker while listing the message instead of placing it to the ear it won’t pop up the Siri but I am still to get any solution on this Any suggestions?

Yeah this is look like a bug to me while I Hit play, hold the phone to your ear and Siri comes in I mean if it is the feature the I can’t imagine why this is introduce as there is no need to talk to Siri while playing back a voice mail message. Hope apple understand this

Sure look like a bug to me but you can go to the Siri Settings in there on the General go to the Siri you will find the option 'Raise to Speak and turn off the option. This will make you able to listen to a voicemail in the means without Siri activate. And also without having to turn the feature off. But you might better report this to the apple

Yeah I did called the apple about this problem and they have told me to turn off the Siri and then on and the method you have suggesting will make the Siri pop up when you turn off Siri Raise to Talk then turn it back on

This is really annoying as I like to hear my message in private and not with the speakers on . I was thinking that the Siri option will only be activated while the phone will be in the Home screen and not on the other screen. First I thought this would be only my phone but after reading this hear I am glad I am not the only one having this issue on the phone I hope the apple get some solution to this as this is actually very frustrating

Yeah guys I am really frustrated I have tried ever thing and nothing is working for me I am really like this phone but this bug turns me off I have reported this to the apple support and also recommend all of you should do the same thing as this will make them to work on this issue faster and will get the solution a lot quicker

Quote Originally Posted by Mahalingam View Post
    Sure look like a bug to me but you can go to the Siri Settings in there on the General go to the Siri you will find the option 'Raise to Speak and turn off the option. This will make you able to listen to a voicemail in the means without Siri activate. And also without having to turn the feature off. But you might better report this to the apple
    I was having the same problem like all here did but thanks to this post I am not having this issue anymore while listing to the voice mail thanks for the tip about turning off the Raise to talk function apparently , Siri don’t know not activate while one is in the voicemail system. I have reported this bug to apple already

I came to know about this whenever I was recording the voicemail greeting as soon as I say a message the Siri interrupt the recording and thet next time I have notice this problem when I was listening to a voicemail , Siri kept interrupting now I what I am doing is before I do anything ion the voicemail option I first deactivate Siri and then do my stuff and after everything end I reactivate Siri. Surely a bug

The feature raise to talk allows you to press the home button and place the phone to the hear and the and talk rather than holding down the home button . the problem is that this option can activate anytime when you move to your ear or else cover the proximity and light sensor . so when this is done Siri end whatever it is doing plus expects a new command and that is the reason all you can do is the turn off the Siri when you want to use the voice mail on your ear .