Thread: Siri is not able to read text messages

Siri is not able to read text messages

I have recently bought iphone 4s and it is having the siri technology but then the problem I am facing is that the siri recommended commands that I am giving to the phone for opening the text messages is not working and I am not able to read the text messages using the siri commands, I mean that when I am saying "Read my new messages," then it says that "you have no new text messages” even though I have checked out that there are messages that are unread. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me put as well??

Re: Siri is not able to read text messages

I have recently bought iphone 4s and it is having the siri technology but then the problem I am facing is that the siri recommended commands that I am giving to the phone for opening the text messages is not working and I am not able to read the text messages using the siri commands, I mean that when I am saying "Read my new messages," then it says that "you have no new text messages” even though I have checked out that there are messages that are unread. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me put as well??
    I was having the same problem but then I found that the commands work only when you are having a headphone, when I was using it without the headphones then it was not opening the messages in my case as well but then after I started using the headphone for the same then I am not having any problem with it and it is just working great. If you want then you can try it out yourself and see the difference.

I am hearing that for the first time that the siri commands need headphones and I really don’t think so because my uncle is also having a iphone 4gs and even it is having siri technology and all the commands work with him and he do not have any such problem with the same, I have myself tried it out as well. Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I am hearing that for the first time that the siri commands need headphones and I really don’t think so because my uncle is also having a iphone 4gs and even it is having siri technology and all the commands work with him and he do not have any such problem with the same, I have myself tried it out as well. Any further help for the same will be appreciated.
    Even I was going to say the same, I mean that even I am suing the iphone 4s which is having the siri technology and I am able to use all the commands without any such problem that you have specified, I really don’t think that it is compulsory to use headphones or a Bluetooth headphones in order to use the commands, I really don’t have any problem in reading the messages with the siri command without any problem. You may try to turn the siri on and off and see if it is making any difference or not.

I had same problem in the starting but then I have solved the same by resetting the siri( turning it on and off) I think that it should work for you as well.

I just wanted to share that even I had the similar problem and I have found that the problem is because the text message previews has came as “off” so you will have to turn it on. I have also found that we get the same response when the phone is locked and then you get a message, I mean that if you use the siri command to open the message when the phone is locked then it won’t work, so in order to get it work you will have to unlock the phone first and then say the siri command, I think that you might be having one of the above case so just check it out and then let me know what you get.

Hey thanks for that I have solved the issue now, I was not aware that the command wont function if the phone is locked, anyways I am happy that I have solved it out finally. Anyways thanks to you for your help, I really appreciate it.