Thread: Siri is calling me with the wrong name

Siri is calling me with the wrong name

Hey I am using my brothers iphone 4s and it is having the siri technology as well and it is working just great but then the problem that I am having is that it is calling me with the wrong name. I have also tried to log in to the iTunes account and I have also changed the account information as well but then it is still calling me with the wrong name I mean with my brother’s name, Is there anyone who can help me out with the same, Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Siri is calling me with the wrong name

Hey I am using my brothers iphone 4s and it is having the siri technology as well and it is working just great but then the problem that I am having is that it is calling me with the wrong name. I have also tried to log in to the iTunes account and I have also changed the account information as well but then it is still calling me with the wrong name I mean with my brother’s name, Is there anyone who can help me out with the same, Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.
    I was having the same problem a week ago but then I have solved it out somehow, I was trying to get a solution for the same since hours that day but then I finally got it in a forum and it is very simple as well. What all you have to do is just go in to the Settings > General> Siri > My Info and after that just select yourself and after that it will call you by the selected name. Just try it out and then let me know if you are able to do the same or not.

Hey I am really helpful to you for your quick reply, I have finally solved it out actually I was not aware that it has to be changed from the settings, I thought that we have to change the account information from the iTunes but then I am happy that I have solved it out now with your help, I really appreciate it.

Hey I am a newbie and I do not have much idea about the same so I just wanted to know that when does the it uses our name, I mean as far as I am aware it only calls me you, I mean “you do not have any messages and all” can you just clear out my doubt??

Hey I am a newbie and I do not have much idea about the same so I just wanted to know that when does the it uses our name, I mean as far as I am aware it only calls me you, I mean “you do not have any messages and all” can you just clear out my doubt??
    Yes I will definitely help you out, what all you have to do is just ask the siri " who am i" and after that she will tell you the name that has been fedeed, if she is calling you out by a wrong name then you can just follow this path Settings > General> Siri > My Info and then change the information respectively and after that she will call you by your name. Hope that helps.

I firstly asked the same that “who am i" but then it was calling my dad’s name but then when I went to Settings > General> Siri > My Info and then selected my name and then tested it again then it was again taking my dad’s name. There were others names as well in the list but no matter what I select it keeps on repeating the same name every time I ask here that “who am I” I don’t think that I have missed anything. Is there any other way of doing the same?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

In that case you can just try deleting the other contacts from the list and then select yours and after it starts calling you by your name then you can add the other contacts later without any problem. Just try it out and then let me know if it works in the same way. Best of luck.

Hey you were right, I deleted the other contacts and had left mine and then I selected my name and then the problem was solved, I mean that the she is calling me by my name now, I have again added the other contacts as well but then she is calling my name. Thanks to you once again.