Thread: need to setup Ubuntu Lucid Lynx 10.04 on the Asus U35JC laptops

need to setup Ubuntu Lucid Lynx 10.04 on the Asus U35JC laptops

hi i am having asus U35JC laptop so where i thinking about the battery usage, so which i am using in my laptop is 2.6.35-19 this can be kernel i am thinking battery usage,so that i can get a low power around 8w where i need to setup more about this and also nvidia graphic cards is not working and Hibernate problem i thought that this is the best that i want to disable and to save a battery please recommend me that what i need to setup more on Asus
    U35JC laptop while i am using Ubuntu Lucid Lynx 10.04 as operating system?

Re: need to setup Ubuntu Lucid Lynx 10.04 on the Asus U35JC laptops

hi i am bought a new laptop 2 week ago, so many user told me that Linux user have an option that how to save the battery life so if it is possible then how
    to save the battery so give me some idea or does it can save on UL30VT laptop?

hi i want to say that you are using UL30VT laptop the battery life is around 6-7 hours if you are using continuously, i think this is good enough for the windows, just use this much time when you unable to use more 5 hours then use this tech, your laptop might be a new i don't want to give wrong suggestion.

hi i am facing the similar issue while i go through all in detail about the problem, so i thought that the problem did i am having i might be hibernate problem,
    then i think that hibernate is working well on a single use mode only so i use this at the first login screen that i am failed to logged in it that will be ending with a black screen, so after that i am going back to the login screen but doesn't get any help, someone told me i have to reboot then it will be work again that after some service started when i login but again makes the hibernation fail.

i got a laptop 1 week had been left,where i am using two graphic cards so bother about the graphic cards ,so my friend had suggest me about the how to disable one of the graphic cards because both graphic cards take the battery usage around 1400mw so when i disable one of the graphic cards after it will be reached at the 8500mw that will be the save battery life for 2 hours,and for the games i need 310m graphic cards on the windows 7 , it will fine with the Intel for ubuntu and also i am worked with maverick beta which i am seem that like a bad right now so i want to change on the kernel update after update the setting the touch pad configured two scroll on the mouse as GUI,so that i able to see that is working fine, and i haven't try about hibernate so i don't have any ideas.

hi friend i am failed to get a solution so i am trying to get a solution around a months have been left but this is too late to get any more solution, but where i am using a U35JC laptop, i haven't use a ul30vt if you going for the 14 to 15inch that can a best to buy buy i have seem that keyboard is worst support, when you pressing any key that makes the entire keyboard flex significantly.and might be you not have to face the problem on 13inch because
    that have a small chassis and not have much optical drive which i am not sure about might be it will on 13inch laptop.

hi where i am having a U35JC laptop with a new hardware and full power on i3 CPU and also have a better graphics which i am having 310m graphic cards that
    can pretty nice that might be same with 210m when both having the same, but the battery life is slower clocked on ul30vt laptop and also the quality of the
    my U35JC is pretty solid, and also have a little flexible keyboard then other that have built great. or if you want to save a battery life disable the graphic cards.

hi i am appreciate for your reply that when i am gone one of the store, i am thinking about to buy a laptop with a great keyboard and with good configuration, so i saw a laptop U35JC. and i spend 1 hours to check the details the keyboard is flexible i am agree with the build quality that i seem this can be great from the other one

hi i am thinking about this laptop when i go through this and using a laptop along with ubuntu i heard some high pitched noise so i am thinking about this so please reply what kind of this noise?

i am go through that sound which you talking about that so on my U35JC laptop is working fine along with a ubuntu as well. so i just to say that disable the graphic cards, and check because this type of high pitched noise did i heard in windows 7 not in ubuntu.