Thread: Is it possible to install ubuntu on Fujitsu Stylistic Q550

Is it possible to install ubuntu on Fujitsu Stylistic Q550

HI, I am about to buy this tablet for myself but still I have heard that rather than having android we can have ubuntu as well in the tablet. So as the title implies Is it possible to install ubuntu on the device? it would be better if someone having idea about the same can share their views.

Re: Is it possible to install ubuntu on Fujitsu Stylistic Q550

Well, I am not sure about this thing because i have heard from one of the source like a company was planning to trade it with Linux preinstalled, suggesting that that would certainly work.

But at the same time some of the reviews are exactly contradictive, and they are saying like Q550 would not boot from an Ubuntu USB stick, thus it would be quite early to decide whether the device comprise this OS or not. In fact according to me it would be better we simply wait till the device comes up with the OS we are waiting for.

nevertheless, with all that said, I still observe one huge hole in the completion of Linux that will still hold it back. If the effort is 100% successful, you will finish with an Android like tablet with multi-touch and pen input like the HTC Flyer. What you will not have is “handwriting recognition”. That is what has banned me from continuing to discover Linux on my TabletPC's for years now; I cannot do with Linux on my TC1100.

As per my knowledge i could say that the touch interface is half developed previously but what is actually desired for Android, MeGo, or Linux to do well is handwriting recognition. Without that the most excellent that can he achieved after all these years and 100's of hours of development is a comparable device to the iPad, Touchpad, or any of the Android devices;

I was also confused about the same but the only thing that i can assure you at this moment is off course it is possible to install this operating system that you have mentioned. Because when I was searching about the same i came across this video and i would like to recommend you that you should at least have a glance over it so that you can have better idea about the same.

Yeah exactly i am agree with the above user, because I observe this as a extremely good thing because I have witnessed what can be done in other areas that have been concentrated on. In f act i would say when i tested the same i noticed that a number of work on touch control and gestures has already been undertaken during the endeavor to put the full Linux system on PocketPC's. I still have one running Linux , and yes, it runs on ARM previously as well.

I was also confused about the same but the only thing that i can assure you at this moment is off course it is possible to install this operating system that you have mentioned. Because when i was searching about the same i came across this video and i would like to recommend you that you should at least have a glance over it so that you can have better idea about the same.
    If i am not wrong the device that you are about to have comprises N-trig, and as far as i know N-trig entirely supports Linux. On their support page they list the earliest kernel that supports it, thus if you want to have further detail about the same you should visit their support page.

In fact it might be possible as the company getting ready to put up for sale a tablet running Linux that looks a whole lot like it is a Fujitsu Q550. That simply means we need not have to get it installed afterwards.