Thread: Acer Aspire 6930-6809 overheats

Acer Aspire 6930-6809 overheats

HI, i am having this laptop from couple of months but i have never experienced any such problem ever with the machine as mentioned in the title. Nowadays whenever i make use of the machine for more then 2 to 3 hours it just used to get overheated. Don’t know what could be the reason over here but still i am completely stumped and not able to determine anything. Any suggestion for resolving this will be appreciated.

Re: Acer Aspire 6930-6809 overheats

See there could be either some problem with the hardware or might be because of the software, thus you should make about that first so that you can have précised sort of solution for the same. in fact it would be better if you simply get the machine tested from any good technician so that you can at least determine what is the problem in your machine which could be causing this thing.

I am not sure about this but still if suppose there could be some problem with the hardware then you may have to replace the entire hardware as well, thus it would be better if you simply don’t make use the machine this way.

I think this should be because of the some of the drivers that you must have installed in your machine if i am not wrong, and as far as software is concern. Thus it would be better if you simply reinstall the drivers once again in your machine.

But while installing the drivers as well, you should make sure as those drivers are the most recent one because if suppose you are continuing with the same then it might be possible that you could get the same problem with the machine. thus you should have a glance at the motherboard manufactures official website for the most recent drivers and then install that one only.

Sometimes it also happens as you didn’t get the drivers or they must not be available on the website thus at that time you should try to reinstall the one that you have and then update it directly from the drivers itself.

see it would be better if you simply let us know how exactly this is happening?

I mean to say whether you are getting this problem after every 2 to 3 hours? Or you are getting this problem once you start any program or any application in the machine? because if this could be because of any application or any software then surely there could be some problem with that application itself. It is always better to be more specific so that i could assist you further. Thus see if you have doubt regarding any program then you can simply reinstall them.

Though i am agree with the above user but still you should also make sure about the BIOS as well. because older versions BIOS used to cause problem in the machine thus it would be better if you reinstall the most recent BIOS and see whether you are getting the same problem or not.

i think this could be because of some hardware which is not working the way it should suppose to work. Are you sure that all the hardware are working perfectly?

I was also having the same problem with the machine once but as mentioned above i was getting the problem only while i play the game and that is also because of the graphic card. this is the hardware that used to get overheated as we play game on the device for more time. Thus if you are having problem because of that so let me tell you as this is a normal thing and i don’t believe it as a overheating.

well, if i am not wrong then you should make sure whether the batteries that you are using in your laptop is working perfectly or not, because i am sure there could be the only problem which could cause such overheating in the machine, thus you should simply make sure whether those batteries are working perfectly or not. In fact it would be better to test them.

Now as far as testing is concerned you should simply try to put another battery in the machine and see whether you are getting any variation or not, because if so then surely there is some problem in the battery itself. Not see this was actually discussed about the batteries but still similarly you have to test the charger as well, because faulty charger can also cause such problem with the batteries.

I would like to recommend you that it would better to visit the service center and get the machine tested from there rather than applying solutions on your own. Because if you are not aware about the same then it may cause severe damage in the machine. in fact are you sure that your laptop is in the warranty period, beaus see if it is then you can have benefit over here as well. i mean to say all the treatment regarding the laptop will be given to you for free of cost.

And if suppose there is something damaged in the machine then also you can have replacement as well for that particular hardware in the machine.

It might be possible as this could be happening just because you might have overclocked the machine.

thus see as far as my personal recommendation is concern i would say you should downclock the machine and see whether are you keep getting this over heating issue or not?

I would like to recommend you that it would better to visit the service center and get the machine tested from there rather than applying solutions on your own. Because if you are not aware about the same then it may cause severe damage in the machine. in fact are you sure that your laptop is in the warranty period, beaus see if it is then you can have benefit over here as well. i mean to say all the treatment regarding the laptop will be given to you for free of cost.

And if suppose there is something damaged in the machine then also you can have replacement as well for that particular hardware in the machine.
    Yeah exactly i was also thinking about the same. because i am not that sure about the machine and as mentioned above i am not able to even determine the problem, anyways thanks for the suggestion. I think i must have to pay for the service center because the machine isn’t in the warranty period.