Thread: WDTV Live Hub firmware 1.6.1.1 gets tool to scrape TV Show Information

WDTV Live Hub firmware 1.6.1.1 gets tool to scrape TV Show Information

HI, i am quite former user of this WDTV live hub, and i have heard that there is newer firmware available as i have mentioned in the title. So can anybody please let me know from where can i download it?

And apart from that as the title implies the firmware update gets a very good tool in order to scrape TV Show Information for WDTV Live Hub. So has anybody have tried this tool ever? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: WDTV Live Hub firmware 1.6.1.1 gets tool to scrape TV Show Information

yup you are right as the newer firmware is available but still i am aware about any such tools for the WDTV. But anyways as far as updating is concerned i would say you should call the tech support as they will make you available this update.

Yup, i have used to this tool and i would like to tell you the WDTV Live Hub uses something about the same as this utility to import TV Show “Metadata” from thetvdb.com and other similar website database and convert it to a format usable by the WDTV hub.

Along with that It also pulls the episode Thumbnails for you, as well. It will generate ONE or TWO FILES for EACH EPISODE SAVED. And you can simply see then as (show name).SxxExx.xml or might be rather optionally (show name).SxxExx.jpg.

Yup, i have used to this tool and i would like to tell you the WDTV Live Hub uses something about the same as this utility to import TV Show “Metadata” from thetvdb.com and other similar website database and convert it to a format usable by the WDTV hub.

Along with that It also pulls the episode Thumbnails for you, as well. It will generate ONE or TWO FILES for EACH EPISODE SAVED. And you can simply see then as (show name).SxxExx.xml or might be rather optionally (show name).SxxExx.jpg.
    Ok that’s good to hear, in fact forget about the firmware update, i’ll do it as soon as possible but still can you please let me know how can we used this tool?

Ok that’s good to hear, in fact forget about the firmware update, i’ll do it as soon as possible but still can you please let me know how can we used this tool?
    Why not, see i have mentioned the steps by following which you can simply make use of that tool in your machine.

• Find the Series ID you desire to bring in by surfing the website thetvdb, for example you can get it like "Space: 1999". while you search for that title, the TVDB Website will indicate the Series ID is 76366.

• Once you got the ID you have to enter it the blank titled "Enter Series ID: " you can see it mentioned below in the IMAGE.

• Once you enter the ID you have to Provide a File "Basename." And let me tell you as this utility presumes you have your files named according to the XBMC convention.

• So, for the Basename example, it would be “Space 1999.”

• Now you have to Select a "Save To..." location, You can either press the button, and browse to the folder where you wish to save this data

• Once after completing all this thing Click the "Load XML" button, and the application will (expectantly) fill with all the specific information:

Hey thanks for the suggestion dude but still i am not able to figure out what could be the problem over here, because i have followed the perfect steps as you have mentioned but still not getting the expected result.

hey thanks for the suggestion dude but still i am not able to figure out what could be the problem over here, because i have followed the perfect steps as you have mentioned but still not getting the expected result.

Are you sure that you have installed the version mentioned in the title? You should first make sure about that first. Along with that Ensure you have the Microsoft .NET 4.0 Framework installed. If not, install it from HERE.