Thread: No sleep and hibernate on Fujitsu LifeBook T901 with drawing 2 watts of power

No sleep and hibernate on Fujitsu LifeBook T901 with drawing 2 watts of power

I used this Fujitsu LifeBook T901 lpatop in last six month and now i am facing problem on it. Whenever i try to used this laptop with sleep or hibernate mode, it definately not work. It shows that the laptop is in sleep or hibernate mode but at the time of wake up, it doesn't do that.
    When i connect my laptop battery to watt meter, it describes that laptop is drawing 2 watts of power. It says that lots of battery power waste on this laptop. I don't know that how is this possible. Because last six month i used it for intrenet surfing and playing video games. During this period, it nevers turn off or randomly restart. i am not an expert and hence i need some intresting guidance that works to fix this complex issue. Need helpful suggestions that works to fix this complex issue. Thanks.

Re: No sleep and hibernate on Fujitsu LifeBook T901 with drawing 2 watts of power

If you used network card on your laptop for network connectivity, try to turn off wake on lan option on this network card. This is necessary to fix the waste of 2 watts power. I think this is the main reason why your laptop point out the problem. Hence during the sleep mode or in hibernation mode, you can't wake up. Try this for problem solving purpose.

Re: No sleep and hibernate on Fujitsu LifeBook T901 with drawing 2 watts of power

USB charge option inside the CMOS setting of BIOS works to do such kind of problems. Hence definately you need to open Bios setting. Then find out and Disabled this option. This option might be presents inside the power management menu. Then look its functions and check result after disabling this option.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaganvihari View Post
    USB charge option inside the CMOS setting of BIOS works to do such kind of problems. Hence definately you need to open Bios setting. Then find out and Disabled this option. This option might be presents inside the power management menu. Then look its functions and check result after disabling this option.
    Same kind of problem arrives on my laptop. i leave the battery at 100% charge on night and in morning it comes to the 30%. In that situations, i don't know that how is this possible. I never used it in night. For solving this issue, i simply try to replace this laptop battery. It works well now without any problem. You can even try this option.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanaJhon View Post
    Same kind of problem arrives on my laptop. i leave the battery at 100% charge on night and in morning it comes to the 30%. In that situations, i don't know that how is this possible. I never used it in night. For solving this issue, i simply try to replace this laptop battery. It works well now without any problem. You can even try this option.
    One thing sure is that because of the battery drains its power, laptop not able to wake up from sleep or hibernate mode. hence definately such replacement of the laptop battery works to fix this problem. You can simply try this process and check what happen on your laptop. You can additionally try, using this battery on another laptop. This is well for getting real problem and finding its solutions.

In the event of complete power loss, Hibernate would not lose unsaved data. Hence there is no harmfulness happens with the data even your laptop is in hibernate mode and you loose power connections. FOr solving this issue, simple hard reset of the BIOS works some time. hence you can also try this and check its result. This is well for you.

I also faced similar kind of problem on my system and i read some articles related to this issue. Then i apply solutions mentioned on that articles. In this process, simply turn off the system, and remove laptop battery. In next stage, click the power switch and insert battery. This will be work to fix my problem. After that i used power management software on this laptop system. this will be work and in reasons, it works to fix my complex issue. You can also try this and check its result.